MC: The Eternal Season
Welcome back to Midnight-Crossings RPG. We hope you enjoy your time here.

~Staff at MC inc.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome back to Midnight-Crossings RPG. We hope you enjoy your time here.

~Staff at MC inc.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posters
Mero (4386)
Who me? I_vote_lcapWho me? I_voting_barWho me? I_vote_rcap 
Prince Utena Tenjou (4102)
Brandon Maboroshi (3688)
Raijin Uchiha (1803)
Anthy Himemiya (1422)
Feb 30th (1286)
Valerie V. Gauthier (751)
Venus Venenum (564)
Yamato Yamazaki (444)
Disturbed Angel (322)

Latest topics
» New Revolution: The dreams of the Duelist and Rose bride
Who me? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2021 11:46 pm by Anthy Himemiya

» The funny stories of the Tenjou family and friends
Who me? EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 5:04 pm by Anthy Himemiya

» War, In its Finest Hours.
Who me? EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 4:45 pm by Prince Utena Tenjou

» Disturbed dreams
Who me? EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 12:16 pm by Anthy Himemiya

» Roses of faith
Who me? EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 1:28 pm by Anthy Himemiya

» Then, I Met You.
Who me? EmptySat Mar 11, 2017 1:00 am by Prince Utena Tenjou

» The Rainbow Rose Saga Continued?!
Who me? EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 2:36 pm by Prince Utena Tenjou

» Strange Travels
Who me? EmptyThu Mar 03, 2016 3:20 pm by Raijin Uchiha

» Shadowed visions
Who me? EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 3:06 pm by Anthy Himemiya

Hits to the Site
Hits Since September 24, 2008!

Free Hit Counterby Pliner.Net
eyeglasses, shopping, lasik
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 128 on Tue May 14, 2019 1:40 pm

Who me?

3 posters

Go down

Who me? Empty Who me?

Post by Feb 30th Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:08 pm

Inhale...
Exhale...
Inhale...
Eh-

CRACK! The sound of a high grade explosive shell could be heard over the bunker ceiling as the ground shook the young man out of his frantic but useless calming tirade. His clammy shaking hands clasped together as his eyes wrenched themselves apart in fear.

This couldn't be happening, this shouldn't be happening. He shouldn't be here, the world should not be at war, millions of people should not already be dead, but I guess that's life.

The young man cried out in anguish as another shell exploded just over his head his commanding officer looked over with pity before nodding one of the other members corp to help the rookie out. The younger officer nodded in agreement before sliding beside the poor boy her soothing hands wrenching his apart.

"Calin, CALIN" the young woman called out, "Snap out of it boy your not dead yet, so lets keep it that way!"

It's only a question of why her words didn't have the effect they intended to.

The younger boys rambling grew louder, bits and pieces could be heard like "Why me?" and "Dear lord don't let me die" It almost was sickening to see the younger soldier break down like this after only two weeks out in the field, but it happens.

Grabbing his shoulders once again the younger woman sighed and pulled the boy into a hug effectively silencing him as he froze up before latching onto the motherly action. Rubbing the back of his head softly, she cooed the explosions away lulling him into an exhausted fit-less sleep before laying him back down into his cot. Standing up she turned to her commanding officer with a hard look on her face.

"This can't go on any longer commander, they keep getting younger and younger every shipment, eventually they're gonna run out of young blood to send, and then what? It's not like they can ship them from the outer planets and still have time to fight the war."

The commanding officer nodded his head in agreement before turning to look out the small window that gave them a view of the rather chaotic battlefield. He could see the dead and near dying just laying there, the artillery rounds still flying in the air with seemingly no real direction or target but merely firing to use the round. It often crossed his mind whether or not this war would be fought if the world didn't have a surplus of weapons to just throw around, but even he knew that man would fight a war even if it were with sticks and stones.

Standing up he merely nodded to his lieutenant not acknowledging what she said but at the same time agreeing with her statement before heading out into the field. Sniffing the air he inhaled the scent of dirt, blood and gunpowder for capping his head and heading off to the hill to get a better view leaving the distraught soldier and agitated lieutenant behind.

Arriving to the hill he met with the other battalion leaders before grabbing a pair of binoculars and used them to scope out the field with a better view than the one provided by his small quarters. Why the shelling decided to aim there instead of here no one knew, but considering High Command didn't have to fight the war, no one really cared.

"So any good news?" he asked his fellow commanders, not bothered to even remove his binoculars as he continued to enjoy his detached view of the world.

---

So this is basically me trying to get back into RPing. Tried to give at least a bit of a view into the theme for this RP. It's basically a semi futuristic world (kind of a play on the current situation with the looming gun bans and is a what if situation pending that we do limit/ban guns to the public and the world ends up with a surplus. Still relatively current day but a couple years in the future to give the stockpile a build up) that's at war with itself. The human race managed to jump ahead a few generations with a few intense scientific discoveries so human kind is not limited to just earth so there might/can be mentions of other planets but there are no real futuristic weapons yet so don't go too crazy with it.

If you wanna join in go ahead, I'll probably post again tomorrow or such since i'm work on a few things/training so yeah peace!

-Emman
Feb 30th
Feb 30th
Postadictorian

Male
Number of posts : 1286
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Who me? Empty Re: Who me?

Post by Raijin Uchiha Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:57 pm

So is it like a form of government against the public in this war? An example kind of being the UN fighting against the people who illegally use guns to fight for their rights. I'll join this topic for sure. Just need a little more info on who's fighting who. Oh, caaaaaaan there be a special force? (ie. SEAL Team 6, Delta Force, etc.)
Raijin Uchiha
Raijin Uchiha
Postadictorian

Male
Number of posts : 1803

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:04 pm

I just want to make sure that this topic isn't interfering with the others. If this is a separate thing all in its own that doesn't interfere with the season of Midnight Crossings we're supposedly in now, then go ahead and do it. I have no problem with creativity and roleplaying and all that. Smile

However, if it does, I'm going to ask you to maybe hold off on this a bit, if possible. You see, there is a major topic I'm going to open soon (as soon as most or all of the other topics close and finish), called the 5 Souls of Victory. And basically its purpose was/is to serve as a major topic that is like the be all, end all of this season 4. Everyone who was here originally WAYYYY after the site back in the day died (Me, Mel/Anthy , Brandon, Mero and Raijin), were going to be involved in that topic as the older versions of ourselves and such. Alright, lemme stop rambling. What I mean that topic to be once it ends is the ending of Season 4, and I was planning to change things up a little bit here on the forum and start a Season 5 of Midnight Crossings. Don't worry, I have a plan and can manage it as head admin.

So ultimately, if the topic doesn't interfere with my plans, then roleplay away! Very Happy
But if it does, then, I don't know; I guess we'll have to come to some sort of compromise. ^^-
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male
Number of posts : 4102

Back to top Go down

Post by Feb 30th Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:36 pm

(Errr... Mkay more info lets see. So basically the worlds at war with itself, with the recent tensions (Example being the embargo's on Iran and the recent escalation and de-escalation of the battles in the gaza strip/isreal) and the recent excess of weaponry due to the massive decline in public ownership of fire arms and military grade blades and other forms of weaponry.

Yes this is AU to the current MC plot (didn't know that was one so my bad) and yes there can be special forces. To be honest it was something that popped in my head since i'm currently working on a story that involves a war (tho with what I can't really reveal) and just needed some practice writing different roles and POV's as well as just writing in general. So yeah if you guys want in feel free and I hope we have a good time.)
Feb 30th
Feb 30th
Postadictorian

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:57 pm

Oh okay, then have fun~. Smile
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male
Number of posts : 4102

Back to top Go down

Post by Raijin Uchiha Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:19 pm

One of the commanders, a stocky man in his thirties, was inclined to respond. The others were either too busy watching the battlefield or unwilling to inform the man of the news that would not be satisfying. "Unfortunately not, sir. We are losing too many men out there. On top of that there are too many soldiers who are in need of experience. I don't know who exactly they're giving us." He said in a collective tone.

Another commander shook his head and snickered. He was bothered by the truth and even questioned his force. Would they survive and return to him in one piece? Who knew. Half of his men were under the age of eighteen. These racked up casualties affected him greatly. "God damnit!! We should just raid their bases with stealth strikes! Sending out our experienced isn't serving us any good!" The other commander yelled in frustration.

There was a silence. No one was speaking. Hell, there were a few who even thought it was pointless. "You two need to have faith. From what I've heard, TF-009 has been given the mission of infiltrating an enemy communications base. You know they won't let us down." He snickered.
Raijin Uchiha
Raijin Uchiha
Postadictorian

Male
Number of posts : 1803

Back to top Go down

Post by Feb 30th Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:05 pm

Sometimes life just decided to throw buckets of shit instead of lemons, why? No one knew in the slightest but it made the moments when life gave you fuck tons of lemons that much sweeter. That was the thoughts of the young corporal who was ducking and weaving high caliber explosives like a half back for the ravens.

"Man High Command better give me a fucking medal for this", he grouched to himself. Had it been a few minutes or even few seconds earlier he might have had a courier team to speak with, but it's hard to maintain a conversation with someones lifeless finger.

The rain of explosives was never ending as he reached the final few feet before the High Command Entrance, it seemed as if the shelling were finally aimed higher and higher up the hill instead of trying to sink them in through the base like this was some half cooked game of tanks. He barely stepped past the barricade before the deafening roar and the sweet sound of silence greeted him. He didn't know it at the time but had he been a second later that would have been his ass.

He stood there at the door way for a few minutes, still dazed and wondering why there were military personnel running at him before he felt himself being lowered to the ground. Suddenly there was a searing pain in his back and he could feel hot liquid dripping out his ear before he was laid on the stretcher sideways. Screaming out silently, or at least to himself as his ear drums had been fully ruptured, the male wailed in agony as he tried to reach for his back so he could soothe the pain.

Hands grabbed he was promptly restrained before a hand reached in his pocket to pull out the marching orders as well as other news before the figure walked away leaving the now disfigured courier to wail in agony after being at the edge of the blast radius of a High Caliber High Heat Intensity Shell.

---

Arriving into the command room the figure handed the packet to the commander before saluting and leading as the man read over the news while the others bickered back and forth over the uselessness of the new recruits. He himself had griped more than a few times so he didn't feel the need to join in their useless bickering.

Reading the notes twice he passed them about before crossing his hands behind his back the words of his fellow commander being punctuated by a shell striking the hill somewhere and shaking it a little. The man turned to face the shorter commander before nodding. "I hope they complete this in a timely manner then..." before turning his attention back out the window. The last few words on the paper causing the other commanders to move about collecting the last few bits of data before rushing out the room to alert their battalions.

The man sighed as the explosions happened more frequently, "This war is such a waste... And it won't be over until there's no one left to fight it... If TF-009 fails then prepare for a contingency, that's the last orders I can give as your comrade..." He turned and left the room as light fixtures began to shake as glass began to crack, luckily the rest of the compound was was sealed below several hundred meters of dirt and stone, but the room was going to go.

"Such a pity, and it had such a beautiful view of the sunset as well..."
Feb 30th
Feb 30th
Postadictorian

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down