MC: The Eternal Season
Welcome back to Midnight-Crossings RPG. We hope you enjoy your time here.

~Staff at MC inc.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome back to Midnight-Crossings RPG. We hope you enjoy your time here.

~Staff at MC inc.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posters
Mero (4386)
The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 5 I_vote_lcapThe Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 5 I_voting_barThe Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 
Prince Utena Tenjou (4102)
The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 5 I_vote_lcapThe Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 5 I_voting_barThe Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 
Brandon Maboroshi (3688)
Raijin Uchiha (1803)
Anthy Himemiya (1422)
Feb 30th (1286)
Valerie V. Gauthier (751)
Venus Venenum (564)
Yamato Yamazaki (444)
Disturbed Angel (322)

Latest topics
» New Revolution: The dreams of the Duelist and Rose bride
The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2021 11:46 pm by Anthy Himemiya

» The funny stories of the Tenjou family and friends
The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 5:04 pm by Anthy Himemiya

» War, In its Finest Hours.
The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 4:45 pm by Prince Utena Tenjou

» Disturbed dreams
The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 12:16 pm by Anthy Himemiya

» Roses of faith
The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 1:28 pm by Anthy Himemiya

» Then, I Met You.
The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 11, 2017 1:00 am by Prince Utena Tenjou

» The Rainbow Rose Saga Continued?!
The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 2:36 pm by Prince Utena Tenjou

» Strange Travels
The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2016 3:20 pm by Raijin Uchiha

» Shadowed visions
The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 3:06 pm by Anthy Himemiya

Hits to the Site
Hits Since September 24, 2008!

Free Hit Counterby Pliner.Net
eyeglasses, shopping, lasik
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 128 on Tue May 14, 2019 1:40 pm

The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.]

3 posters

Page 5 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 24  Next

Go down

The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 5 Empty The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.]

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:42 am

First topic message reminder :

OOC: I set up the topic, so no worries you don't have to do it. You can choose whether I play your Shadow or you do, it's fine if you want to play or if you want me to play, I don't have no problem with either. ^^ Also did I mention, you remind me a lot of Chie from Persona 4. If you've ever heard of or played the game before you'll know who I'm talking about. I partially got this idea from there anyway. Though I adapted it to its own setting with my mind. But, yeah have fun, sorry for the length of this message.

Often times, the evidence of a troubled mind is in the inability to function properly throughout everyday life. The individuals suffering would slowly atrophy because their own souls are battling them and winning. They are defeating their minds, overpowering them quite easily and snapping them as if they were twigs. Well, you must have the strength to face others in life; Quintessentially, everyone must learn this lesson. But, what some do not know is that there is a time when one will have to face oneself and that takes even more courage....

Everyone has things they hide. Everyone has hidden thoughts and feelings. Everyone has secrets. Part of what makes life and our interaction with one another as human beings so interesting is the urge, the yearning, the want, the need to know what the other is thinking. What the other is feeling; and more importantly, what the other is hiding. We as human beings always yearn for the truth, be it hidden or not, we always wish to know something, a secret, a knowledge, a thing that is not something personal to us. We love to know gossip for whenever a conversation flares out. But, mostly, it is the suppression of the being with a secret that keeps us from ever being COMPLETELY honest with each other. What if that were to change?

"Hey Mero, mind if I ask why we're training here anyway? I mean I thought the other place was good enough but you suggested we come here, any particular reason?"

It looked to be a completely empty field with tall grass swaying in the gentle winds that blew by. It was quite calm and relaxing. No life, nothing was in the area; and it seemed there never would be anything here. It was like this were a place, a secret place, on Earth that no one knew about, but, then again, things on Earth were not like this. We had gone through the portal once more to this alternate dimension, one that seemed to have a peaceful setting.
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male
Number of posts : 4102
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 5 Empty Re: The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.]

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:56 pm

Fervently, swords clashed and it seemed the very hatred that we each bore for the other was heard in the unpleasant clanks of the swords being used in battle. It seemed each time the swords met they hit a new note, a new screeching note that would break even a deaf person's eardrums. Nonetheless, we continued making the noise as if it were pleasant. There were no other sounds but the swords and the small grunts of exertion from our throats as we thrust the sword to try and hit the other. This was going to become tedious and tiresome soon, but, I wouldn't give up, even if my body did want to give in.

"Well this is nice! Having a sword fight with you, who knew you were so skilled?"

"Wouldn't you? You seem to know much more about me than I do myself, which doesn't make sense to me. Tell me, what's your intention? Why are you here? It's senseless to come here and fight me with all your might for no reason at all."

"Hm, you're right. So, I do have an intention for coming here and I have an intention for fighting you. But, that I won't reveal to you."

"I command you to tell them to me!" I swung with a bit more force at her, putting emphasis on my words. At the moment, I was speaking in a much lower octave than my normal voice and soon, my vocal chords would become tired and I'd have to take a break from speaking till they recovered. I knew how to get around the ways of telling my father the truth about me. But, this battle, wasn't helping my cause.

"They're secrets, like the many you have locked inside your head."

"How would you know?!"

"Must I explain everything? I am a shadow, one's true self. I am the thoughts and the emotions you hide away, the secrets you keep from others in your everyday life. The things you cannot say out loud, the things you cannot admit to others and sometimes the things you cannot admit to yourself. It's pathetic, really, when someone can't face themselves and accept the facts. For instance, I know you've had one too many excursions you can count and some of them you've come close to dying on so you swore to become stronger so that you won't ever get to that point again. That's pathetic and weak.... you're a weakling. I know that you're a coward too. You sought to be a prince, a royal prince who saves princesses and others lives. Protecting them with your strength and nobility, what a joke! The only thing you are is a coward with a sword! That's not a true hero! Much less a prince! Oh and the best part, you're a liar! You claim to tell the cold and honest truth but all you are is a liar! All three of these things you are and you must face them, accept them and release the things you've been keeping locked up inside! Only then will you not be the things that you try to deviate from!"

"What....? What are you talking about...? I don't understand what you're saying! I don't know what you're saying at all! All of that it's not true, none of it. I am brave, I'm honest and I'm-"

Our swords collided and it seemed that we were at a stalemate, pushing each other as hard as we could. It was then that the explosive power between us erupted and sent both of us flying back into the distance so that we separated. Even though feet away from each other now, my eyes burned with hatred for her as I continued to stare ruefully into her eyes, our gazes never dropping. We were both panting from the amount of physical activity as we both stood up and watched each other carefully for any sudden movements. It was then that she spoke. Though it seemed like time was slowing down, all of this happened within seconds.

"Not a prince, are you?"

"What.....? No! Of course I am. Maybe-"

"We should all call you by the rightful title. The title you truly deserve, huh?" She smirked and dropped her sword as the tip of it touched the ground softly, her gaze never leaving my form.

"I'm warning you... s-stop it right now! I'm a-"

"Prince-SS Utena Tenjou."

There was a moment of silence as my eyes went wide. Did she really say that just now?

"This is all a lie! It's all untrue! Take it back I say, take it back!" I screamed again, shaking my head as I spoke it. However, I was losing grip on the control of my voice and that whole exclamation sounded a bit more feminine, a bit more in my normal voice than I intended it to be.

"Hmph. Just accept it, Prince-SS. Maybe people would like you better."

Now there was a moment of silence. I didn't know what to do, so I stood there and watched her, my eyes going blank. My life...everything I'd accomplished and done seemed to vanish into thin air right before me. Was there anything I could do to help this situation?
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 5 Empty Re: The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.]

Post by Mero Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:04 pm

"Princess!" The king's voice rang with anger. "How dare you call my son a princess!" Then there was a pause as Utena yelled at the girl. Her voice was less masculine then it usually was and the king became silent. He looked at his son- if he really was a 'son'. "Utena, what is she talking about?"
Mero
Mero
Webmaster

Female
Number of posts : 4386
Job/hobbies : C.E.O

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:15 pm

Clearing my throat, I turned to look at my father and blinked, responding in the same tone I usually speak to him with, a more masculine tone.

"I don't know, she's speaking nonsense. I am as much a boy as you are, father. My voice, it's been overused lately so it had a crack in it, was all."

The shadow began to clap as the room fell silent once more. It was an intense feeling in the air. She walked closer and stopped, closer in proximity to where I was standing, the king was standing, Damascus and Mero were standing. Then, she spoke, somewhat condescendingly.

"Bravo, or shall I say brava? Brilliant show Utena, brilliant show. You really know how to weasel your way out of anything don't you? Lying as if what you were saying were natural? That's not how someone of your standing should conduct yourself. Sir!"

The shadow called out to the king. What was she planning?

"That feminine voice that Utena just had, doesn't it sound the least bit like my natural one? If so, then you tell me, do you still believe that 'your boy' is really 'your boy'?"

I was panting, anxiety washing over my features. My sorrowful and worried eyes made contact with Mero's then, my back completely turned to Damascus and the king. I couldn't let them see me like this, but, I did have a burning hatred for the shadow... just had to wait for the right time to attack her.
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mero Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:38 pm

I saw the look in Utena's eyes and turned to the King and Damascus. "Your Majesty, your majesties servant." I said with a bow. " I Know my word means nothing to you but please listen when I say, Utena is telling the truth". I turned back to to Utena and her shadow. The King had given me a skeptical look, I just hoped he would take this into consideration.

"I believe you my son. This intruder is merely trying to make us loose trust in each other, resulting in her being able to defeat you easier. Those tricks won't work here". The king nodded proudly towards Utena.
Mero
Mero
Webmaster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:58 pm

"...."

There was complete silence for a while, everything still and unmoving. The shadow, then, regrouped from the failure she had originally intended to pull on me. But, these beings were smarter than I ever intended them to be.

"Very well. It's a nice thing to have pride in your son and his abilities, I understand that completely. But, why all of a sudden are you so silent Utena?"

There was an immense amount of pressure on me at this moment. The shadow, this time, got smart. As much as she wanted to profess this outwardly, she thought it to me in a telepathic message and now, I recognized, she could read my thoughts.

'Maybe you should do something... unless you truly believe you're a boy... that's insane of you to though.... I can reveal to everyone everything, I can reveal to everyone that you're nothing more than a petty girl. Tell the truth Utena, you know you want and after all, you know that, to beat me completely...'

'How the hell did you get inside my head? Get out... get out of it now or I... I will tear you apart. I will rip you to shreds and stop reading my thoughts. I know what I must do and I could make it so I am a boy if I wanted to! I have the power.... Just get out of my head... stop it... stop it... stop it....'

The sound transferred to my mouth and I spoke it, no, I screamed it and it echoed throughout the spacious throne room of this very building.

"STOP IT! SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP! Get out of my head and let's battle. I've had enough of this! I've had enough of you! You dare to call me a coward, a weakling, a liar, a pathetic person, even a princess and disgrace me in front of my family and my friends and everyone to dear to me! You dare to stand there and mock me as if you knew everything! You know nothing! You may think you do, you may think you're me all you want but the truth is you're not me and you're never going to be me! So let's fucking go! DIE .... DIE by my sword scum!" I screamed, dashing at her again, no longer keeping calm. "And another thing! Get the fuck out of my palace!"

My speed had increased by a lot and I was performing even some of the most elegant sword dances. The shadow was having a hard time keeping up with my slashes and thus she did get cut up, but, she got a few slices in there as well and that resulted in my spilled blood as well. My eyes, they were no longer an innocent sky blue, but, a deep, dark shade of midnight blue, a really dark color. My powers... they were revving up to be used and to explode out of me soon and rage took over my body's movements. It was clear I wanted to defeat her at all costs, not caring what my voice sounded like, what I looked like or anything at this very moment though, my voice sounded more feminine this time around too.

"Hahahahaha yes! Succumb! Succumb to the truths that I have exposed here today!"

The battle was really heating up and soon it would be, probably, a very explosive and intense thing one's eyes have ever seen.

Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mero Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:26 am

We all watched as Utena blew her top. You could feel the anger in the room. Everyone stayed quiet and waited to see what was to unfold.
Mero
Mero
Webmaster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:48 am

I wasn't talking much, I was keeping to myself and speeding up with my attacks. Mero could tell that this was when things got serious, when I wasn't speaking anymore, when the sound of my voice did not touch the air with its sound. But, suddenly, I stopped moving.

"Oh what? Don't tell me you're tired already?"

Suddenly, the sword, I released it from my hands and it found its way, its own way back into the sheath attached to my side. A white, a bright white aura formed around me, my conforming its shape to the shape of my body as I looked at her with contempt and deep rooted hatred. My eyes were still the same color, glowing now. I was still for a moment more before suddenly disappearing and reappearing right in front of her within the blink of an eye and grabbing her by the neck with one of my hands. I was holding her up in the air by that one part of her body, my hand squeezing a bit tight around it.

"Let.... go."

"Now why would I do that? My objective is to do the same thing to you that you wanna do to me. Kill me. So what's the sense in letting go when I could end everything right here...."

A small smile came over my face as I tightened my grip and she grabbed onto my arm for support to keep her alive longer. Though she was coughing from the pressure, she managed to speak.

"Let... go... of me... Utena..."

"Not on your life..."

"Then perhaps on yours."

She smirked and I responded, letting my guard down for a moment.

"What?"

By the time I had any chance to re-compose myself, lightning bolts were falling from the sky and one such powerful one struck me, shocking me and making me release the shadow from my tight grip. She flipped away to the other side of the spacious room and I continued to be shocked by the lightning bolt. How was this possible? Don't tell me...

"Surprise, surprise. Didn't think I knew magic did you? Remember, I know everything you do... I am you.."

"Quit saying that!"

My voice again sounded more feminine than usual. The battle raged on as usual.
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mero Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:11 pm

The king face had become blank. He watched his child get struck by the lightning but did not react. He was maintaining the anger that boiled within him. It was quiet apparent now that his son was not really his son. "Utena" He spoke after a while. "How dare you lie to me. Your not a man at all, your just a girl?" He hadn't looked away from her. His eyes ready to burst with furry. "Answer me Utena!" He barked.

Damascus did not stop his king, nor help Utena. He was loyal to his majesty and would never go against him.
Mero
Mero
Webmaster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:39 pm

"Hahahah that's it! Bring me more Utena... more and more. You'll die by my hands..."

Everything was swarming around me so horridly, it was like the nightmare I never wanted to live came to be my reality. There was no escaping this, she was telling the truth, I was a girl, biologically, but, I was a prince too. I did lie to my father but, only for to please him and to further fit the role I aspired to be. My reality was beginning to become shattered by the words the shadow spoke...

"Alright, fine by me, you want to die don't you? Then, let's do this. How do you want to die? Slow and painful or quick and painless, I can do both!"

My voice went back to sounding masculine again as if to confuse the king's ultimate decision upon my gender. I continued to swarm at her with my body, throwing myself at her strategically. She seemed to get a hold of the rhythm to which I was attacking her and successfully began to dodge every attack I lunged at her. This was aggravating.

"You know, you're becoming predictable. That's good for me but bad for you. Come on, you can't be out of moves already can you, PRINCE?"

"Give me the respect I deserve and your death might not need to happen. Out of moves? Don't make me laugh, bitch, I'm just getting started. I haven't used my magic yet, surprised? Well, you shouldn't be, I can use magic as well!"

The king had not really known of my magical prowess just of my fascination with it. He knew that I had an innate liking for the stuff but, overall, believed I was a human with extraordinary fighting abilities and sometimes, he made the joke that they were supernatural. It was corny but it was what made him, him.

"Oh a witchy prince, haven't seen one of those in a long time... Actually let me realistic here, I've NEVER see that sort of thing around."

"Are you trying to be funny? Because you're not at all. I'd suggest shutting that big mouth of yours and getting back to the battle. The only sounds I want to hear from you, shadow, are the blood curdling screams of pain and agony that I will be dealing to you. Every last blow will be a damaging hit sufficing enough to even crack you in half!"

"I'd like to see you try to do that Utena!"

I smirked devilishly. It was clear that both of our powers were climbing higher and higher. I wasn't to my ultimate yet but boy, when I was, she'd regret ever instigating a fight with me, the great prince Utena Tenjou!

'That's it, just a little more PRINCE and I'll have you right where I want you... that way I can finally win this battle and end you and your pitiful life. I can live it the right way you were intended to live it as born the gender you biologically are. Respect that not some prince you met long ago....' The shadow thought to herself so I couldn't hear it. We were both concentrated on what was happening between us in the battle at the moment, and it seemed we both had our private, internal thoughts.

'She's strong and fast... she's basically the same level I am and maybe even stronger. I know I keep saying these things but it's like my body is moving on its own, saying these things on its own. Has my fear given birth to this exuberant bravery? It doesn't make sense.... oh well, I have to fight, I have to win.... I just have to...'
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mero Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:49 pm

The king had become confused beyond belief and his only angered him more. He stood with his arms folded watching the battle. He was not impressed with this charade- if it was one. He didn't know anymore.

I walked towards the king and stop beside him. "Utena is trustworthy no matter what happens, don't ever get mad at her personally".

We all continued to watch. "Utena know if you ever need power just take from my energy" I thought to myself, hoping by chance she would catch it.
Mero
Mero
Webmaster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:12 pm

When I was thrashing about with my shadow at the very quick pace the battle was at, I heard faintly in my mind a different voice than from my very own echo in the back of it. It sounded like Mero's...

'Utena know if ever need power just take from my energy....'

'Mero...'

I thought, maybe she could hear me, maybe she couldn't. It didn't matter if she did or didn't right now, I was too focused on the battle and on what was going on. I could sense that my father was becoming readily infuriated by the constant confusion that would deny him of his the moment he reached it. Damascus tried to calm his nerves, which, clearly, wasn't working all too well. It was then that the shadow and I both decided to up our game a bit.

"So had enough yet PRINCE?"

Saying nothing I dashed forward trying to, hopefully, harm her in some way, but, she wore a smirk, a devilish smirk on her face that didn't see to wipe away even with my speedy run towards her. By the time I reached a little more than 2 inches away from her, she quickly threw her arm out from behind her back, shooting a bullet from a gun straight through me. There was a legitimate hole in the middle of my body. Suddenly, I stopped my running and immediately fell to my knees in pain, clutching the spot where she shot me and my eyes widening to try and endure the shot. It was to no avail. I let out a wail that could pierce even the heavens. On my knees, kneeling on the cold, hard floor of the palace I was so used to, blood spilled from the wound made and dripped down from the top of it so that it could spill more. I was having trouble breathing a bit and a thought crossed my mind that this could be my death. Where did that gun come from?

I was coughing, gasping for air and spilling more of my red liquids on the floors of the palace by my coughs. The blood that did not make it to the floor from my coughs remained on my face and dribbled downward from the corners of my mouth on either side. It was a clear image that she had the upperhand now and that I was going to die if I didn't do something. The bullet was not any normal bullet and I felt she had much more to explain and do to me than this was over. It was far from that.

"W-what's happening? W-why can't I heal my wound....?" I cringed, trying to activate my healing powers, but, for some reason, they weren't working.

"I knew those pesky healing powers would be nothing but trouble, so I disabled them, along with all of your other magic. Smart no?"

"But, how... how could you-"

"Do that? It's quite simple really. That bullet that just went through you, it's not any normal bullet. It's a special kind of bullet that limits or shuts off the magic supply of the victim from the victim's control. That's exactly what I did. I knew your powers were great and that your healing powers could help you, I knew that you had the mind to use them in their ultimate and in turn destroy me. Well, I can't have you powering up to that standard can I.. hence the bullet. Now with that shot gone through you, you are a mere mortal again...

As she spoke that, my eyes changed back to their normal color, without so much a cheery and innocent gleam in them as they usually have. My hair, usually a bright pink color, reverted to a shade that seemed it's been weathered through the years, not as bright and youthful, not as anything as it used to be. It seemed like I was aging in front of them, right before their very eyes. It seemed like I was 50 not 15 or so, when I really was 15.

I felt my powers escape me.... no, abandon me when I needed them most. I don't know what it was that stopped them, but, the effects of this bullet could only be temporary. No being alive could conjure something that could permanently stop a natural process within oneself. (Unless of course that one thing were an immortal springs that some would dare drink from to stop their internal clock. But, then again, this is not manmade but natural.) The shadow cackled and I continued to cringe in pain, extreme pain.

"What now? Tell me that a small bullet wound wouldn't stop the great Prince Utena? If it does, then you're one sorry excuse for a prince. What happens when the woman you love is tangling with death, are you going to risk your life to save her and even when you are dying, fight? If not, then, you do not truly love her. And even so right now, you are only proving further that you are not worthy of the title you claim to have! You are a worthless person, Utena. You are not a prince, you are a helpless little girl with some delusion of bliss that you've managed to have become in some small form. Well, this is where it ends for you!"

The shadow then smirked and the aura grew more and more powerful, bigger, almost shrouding her within in. Her eyes continued to glow a bright, bright golden yellow as she cackled loudly, undergoing some sort of transformation. It was then that I realized she was transforming to her ultimate form where her powers were at her greatest and it seemed that I was done-for. She'd strategically planned this from the beginning and as it seemed, I couldn't do anything much to resist it. My hour of death was impending me...
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mero Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:01 pm

Everyone on the sidelines panicked. The king hard become frozen, about to watch his son die. Damascus had jumped forward and stood between Utena and the shadow. I followed not seconds after. The shadow was becoming stronger, and I knew that Utena was the only one that could truly defeat her. I looked towards Damascus and quietly whispered under my breath, "We need to keep her busy for a few minutes until Utena thinks of something. He nodded but looked skeptical, obviously not trusting an outsider.

We began moving forward. I had gone left as he had gone right. We ran with swords at the ready and slashed towards the shadow hoping to make some sort of injury. It was hard laying a successful attack on a witch, and the amount of damage we received from her was great. This continued until Utena intervened.
Mero
Mero
Webmaster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:38 pm

"No... don't..."

I weakly tried to warn them that what they were doing was foolish and that it wouldn't work but they dared not listen to me. They simply blocked out my voice as if it were inaudible and continued to protect me till I could think of something to do. Those were my friends for you, loyal and reliable as ever. I smiled at the thought of that. But, the shadow continued her transformation and would not be interrupted. Left and right, Mero and Damascus were strewn and cut and thrown and hurt by the darkness's power flowing out of her. It was like a vice that was cruel enough to harm anything that tried to touch its mistress. The demonic undertones in her voice just were beginning to sound awful and monstrous now.

"Fools! You will not touch me! You cannot touch me! Meaningless efforts! All of them! Mere mortals... do you not know the power I contain? The power I contain is the power of the greatest of all, I am a shadow! The true self! And it seems Utena's true self could not be any less stronger than I! And it is I who will kill Utena!"

She flung Mero and Damascus back, each of them hitting the walls of the palace violently and sliding downward on it to sit on the floor, clutching their weapons and anything they had on them. The transformation was now complete and there stood a shadow with a top similar to the one I have on normally (the top to the outfit in my profile picture). But, the bottom half wasn't what I wore at all, it was the tail end part of a pink dress, something that haunted me deeply. I watched as she returned a normal sized person instead of someone whom was built to their immense size just on darkness alone. But, the thing I noticed, in the pocket of her jacket top there was a single black rose, sitting there, untouched. She noticed my eyes on the rose and smirked.

"I see you've noticed the rose. Look upon yourself Utena, that is, if you're not too weak to move."

I did as told and looked downward upon myself to see a white rose sitting in the pocket of my jacket top. My eyes immediately shot back up to hers and met them, knowingly. However, I would have stood up, but, I was too weak to even move that much, I remained still. I knew what the rose was for, she didn't need to explain it to me.

"How nice! You're already kneeling to me! I have the power here. Obey me. Obey me Utena and hail me, the PRINCESS OF LOST MEMORIES!"

Another surge of power came before she walked over to me and started thrashing upon me blow after blow. She punched me numerous times, then inserted kicks in there and ultimately, it became a conglomeration of bashing techniques to physically bust me up. As much as I wanted to fight back, I couldn't, I was too weak. She'd taken most of my energy away with that shot that disabled my magic and hurt me pretty badly too. Now, I was bleeding from a bunch of new places. She began to take her anger out on me severely and I was, most certainly, feeling the full effects of her powers and strengths.

"Oh what's this? There's no emotion in your eyes. Has that little heart of yours stopped caring Utena? Has it finally accepted that right here is where you're going to die? Or is it still beating with the smallest chance that a miracle will save you if you just hope and believe? If you trust it will, it will? That's got to be the most ridiculous and blasphemous shit I've ever heard! No one can save you now Utena, it's best to just accept defeat and allow me to win. That's right, you picked this fight and you lost. Your inner thoughts beat you each time. We watched Mero defeat and claim her shadow.... we watched Bryant face his, and in both you helped and now, when it all comes down to it, when it comes to your shadow, you can't win? Come, I know you still have a little fight left in you. Show me what you can do Utena Tenjou!"

She smirked and kicked me so I fell over and lay on the ground. It was cold and uninviting. It was not the arms of my father or my mother or my friends I loved so dearly. It was stained with blood, my blood, from the monstrous attacks this witch was throwing upon me and injuring me with. The blood signified something: The hurt between me and this secret that I was keeping, how badly I wished to tell it. How badly? It would shed the blood of a 1,000 soldiers, if that made sense. But, I'd tell my father when I was ready, not when she was. I lay there, unmoving, thinking to myself. Everything just seemed a blur to me then. My vision was clouded, my ears were muffled and the only thing I could hear clearly was the echoing of the shadow's maniacal laughter. Everything seemed so pointless.... was this really it...?
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mero Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:56 pm

Damascus and I sat helpless. Every time we tried an attack it would ultimately fail. We stood and watched as Utena was being beat. I tried running forward, getting ready to attack again but Damascus caught my arm and pulled me back. "Theres no point in helping. This is her fight".

Off on the over side of the room the king stood heartbroken. His son was about to perish and he had no power to stop it from happening. All he could wish for was a miracle.
Mero
Mero
Webmaster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:02 pm

'Mero.... come here... tell Damascus to let you go... I have something I want to say to you...'

The shadow paused to watch my catatonic state, to basically watch me die. She reveled in the art that was my battered body. She took deep pride in what she had managed to accomplish doing. She only stood in silence. She would allow me my dying wishes, and this, was one of them. She dared not move when she saw Mero come over to me, allowing me to have this last moment.
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mero Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:05 pm

I pushed Damascus off and ran to Utena. I knelt down beside her. "Please don't die Utena" I begged her.
Mero
Mero
Webmaster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:25 pm

I was too weak to speak, but, with the little energy I had left within my body, I was able to weakly lift my hand to cup her cheek, my eyes watched hers.

'Mero.... don't worry.. I won't die on you... I have this in the bag you'll see. Well, I have to be sure of it though the reality of it is, I'm not. I could die here and I have accepted that fact, hoping I won't. I'll do something about it, but, this is in case this takes everything out of me to beat her... I want you to remember that I was, am, and will always be your partner in crime, your best friend and the person who would always be at your side to support you no matter what. I will always be with you wherever you go, and it is my dying wish that you carry on my legacy. I know you're not one for all this emotional crap and you're not a very princely person either, but, at least carry on the nobility within you I know you have. It's a flower that has bloomed quite beautifully so never let it die. Take the ring on my necklace....'

I waited for her to clutch the ring within her hands and take it into her own, cradling it in her palm. When she finally did that, I thought softly.

'That ring symbolizes the strength that you carry day to day, Mero. Wear it proudly, it's the blue rose. I trust only your finger would do it justice. Remember me always Mero...'

I let go of her face and softly let my hand drop, my voice coming to sound. It was cracking from the pain I was experiencing and finally, a tear fell from my eyes as I lay there without movement, thinking about how I was going to die, this was it.

"I'll be with you, Mero..."

There was a pause and then a clap slowly that rose to a normal tempo clap. It was the shadow, and suddenly I felt a pang of anger within my heart snap. But, there was nothing I could do about it. I just lay there. She, however, smirked with a devilish grin still admiring her work.

"Brilliant really. I never expected things to go so finely as they have. And wow, such great actors, will there be a sequel to this play? There'd better be since it was so god damn touching. I mean really... wow you have me in hysterics. Well, now that she's said her last words and is on the very edge of dying, there is one last thing I have to take care of...."

Upon an "off-guard" Mero, she sprung a heavy attack of lightning made of pure darkness. She began throw anything and everything she could handle at the girl, trying desperately to kill her and corner her so that she could accomplish just that. This... was beginning to change something within me...
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mero Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:40 pm

I held on to the ring tightly as tears swelled up in my eyes. "Please Utena, you can't die yet..." I trailed off when the shadow attacked me. I had no time to dodge. She kept throwing attacks and I could defend myself. I was leaning up against a wall, angry as ever and ready to kill. I slipped the ring on my finger and flung my sword at her. It did nothing but as soon as she blocked it I came flying at her. It took no time for her to render me useless and I laid motionless against the wall. I opened my eyes and glared at her. "Your some bitch, you know that?"
Mero
Mero
Webmaster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:00 am

"Are you ready to face your death Mero Imaimashi? This is as far as you go. ... That ring, I will have that ring!"

She seemed to hold the sword she possessed to Mero's neck about to slash at it and kill her and take the ring, which possessed some sort of magic power to it, by force. She smirked and then asked again....

"You ready to meet your demise...?"

"No... are you...?"

I spoke, my body coming up limply and glowing in bright bright white, just emanating power, really. Everything seemed to just glow about me, my skin and I resonated the very thought of destroying her once and for all. My powers were no longer disabled and I powered up to become my ultimate form. My uniform, which was normally blue, turned white and it looked just as regal. My hair, instead of being a short vivacious pink, yes, it had its color back, it was a long flowing pink, as long as the shadow's hair as it blew in the breeze of my powers being released. My eyes were closed as I rose up to stand fully on my feet, that is, until I turned to face the shadow and Mero, then slowly opening my eyes to reveal them to be an angelic white, a really bright, luminescent white. My eyes opened completely and focused their hard gaze on the shadow. The shadow, caught off guard, let go of Mero and dropped the sword, staying where she was. She smirked and I stood still, resonating power.

"My, this should be amusing..."
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mero Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:12 am

I watched in total awe as Utena was back to her self, scratch that better then her self she was turning to her ultimate form. I got up and moved out of the way. I join the King and Damascus on the other side of the room. We all watched, happy that Utena was okay.
Mero
Mero
Webmaster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:03 am

"So back on your feet again Prince?!"

I remained silent for a moment longer before in the blink of an eye, maybe less, I was over where the shadow was and choking her with one of my hands squeezed tightly around her neck. Her eyes bugled and a trail of blood ran down the corner of her mouth on the righthand side.

"You can hurt me all you want. You can beat me, insult me, even try your best to kill me, I won't die. You can do whatever you want to me, but, you do anything.. and I mean ANYTHING to harm my friends, you beat her, try to kill her, slander her, you disrespect her in any form and I will make sure that you will die by my hands!

I let go of her neck, an impression made upon it by how hard my hand was fastening itself around it. She dared to try and dash at me with the sword in her hands to try and stab me. I sensed this. Quickly, I grabbed my sword and turned out, performing a twist in the wrist to redirect her sword up in the air, so high that it got stuck on the palace ceiling, just hanging there. This time, I smirked.

"So, have you accepted the fate of your death yet, or is there still an ounce of hope and will that a miracle will happen to save you?" Repeating the same words she said to me back to her, never dreaming I was capable of something like this.

"You think I'm afraid of you, Tenjou? Bring it on!"

I was too fast for the shadow as I began to attack her from all ends and angles. She had no chance to defend or attack or counter or anything. I was bringing the heat, throwing all I could into attacks, my powers, my fists and kicks, my sword, anything. She seemed bruised and beaten enough, as she stood there limp, panting. I was panting too, as I stood apart from her, she only looked at me weakly, not moving. She was back in the spot she was in when I choked her.

"What... how is... how is this possible... this isn't over yet!" Gently, I smiled and then took my took fingers joined together, my index and middle and held them up in the air steady.

"Oh I think it is."

Calmly spoken, I quickly drew my fingers down in the air and the sword that was stuck in the ceiling, switched its direction and cut downward, cutting the rose that was in her jacket top pocket clean out of it and left it impaled upon the blade sticking in the ground. It was then, following that attack, I appeared behind her awe-stricken body and sucked the very soul out of her with a spell I'd been practicing on since I'd met Mero. Fortunately, it had worked and now the carcass of the once live shadow lay lifeless, dissolving into nothingness. The spirit, the soul I'd sucked floated out from my hands and into the air, smiling with a scar under her left eye. Now it was the acceptance...
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mero Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:18 am

A proud smile erupted on the kings face, "Now theres my boy". Damascus was right beside him a smile gracing his face as well. But it wasn't over yet, in fact this was most likely going to be the hardest part. Utena had to accept her shadow, or else she'd keeping coming back. But even if she did, I don't think that would affect her relationship with her father.

I watched the spirit and Utena, this was the end of this mess, it would all be over soon.
Mero
Mero
Webmaster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:55 am

"Utena... that was a great battle you put up. I didn't know that, in the end, you would have this kind of power. You have defeated me in a way I would have never dreamed possible. You have once again surpassed those doubts and proven wrong the standards of which society has cruelly set for you. Your constant power to disprove the low expectations others have for you is amazing... and..."

I smiled, softly. My eyes and everything were still in my ultimate form, but, I stepped closer to the spirit slightly, then voicing, gently, my thoughts, cutting in to her speech. My voice was no longer masculine or the fake quality it had to it, vanished. It sounded normal again, like the shadows, cracking only from the misuse of it.

"And you're me. I've come to accept that fact while we were battling. In the moments that you looked at me attacking you, I saw fear in your eyes, the same fear I had when you first showed here and spoke with me. I recognize that you're correct, you're right, I have been keeping secrets from my father and Damascus, I have been keeping secrets from everyone, misleading them down the wrong path. The only ones who know the true me are my two best friends Mero here and Bryant. You're right, biologically I am a girl, a natural born girl. Spiritually, I am a boy. A boy trapped within a girl's body. I have always dreamt to be a prince, shot up with doubt all around me about my dreams actually becoming a reality. I had to lie and cheat to get to the position of where I am now and that is not princely at all. So I apologize to everyone I hurt in the process, and of course to all whom I lied to. But, I've come to accept it, you ARE me, you ARE a part of me. Let this be over and let us join forces.

The shadow nodded and, in a crystalline necklace that was also around my neck, the spirit went and flew in, dissolving herself within it and sealing it tight so that it would always be a part of me. I smiled as I clutched it, I was calmer now, still in my ultimate state. The hole in my body was healing but it was still there, gaping as usual. I cringed and fell to my knees once more, powering down a state so that my eyes shined a dark blue color and the white aura disappeared. My hair remained the long length it was. I awaited my father or for someone to approach me.
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mero Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:16 am

The King moved forward and embraced his son- well daughter. "Why Utena? Why did you lie to me? I would have accepted you no matter what.. your my pride and joy. " Damascus stepped beside his king and glared at Utena. "Your majesty you should feel betrayed. She didn't trust you enough to let you know who the real her was".
Mero
Mero
Webmaster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:28 am

"I don't know Dad, I just couldn't tell you... I just... couldn't..."

Damascus glared at me and I looked at him the same way he did at me, with contempt. I did not understand why he was choosing this very moment to disagree with his liege, my father, the king. My blue eyes faded back to the soft blue they usually were and it seemed I'd powered down completely as I fell limp in my father's embrace, only his arms supporting my weak body.

"I'm sorry father, I do still wish to be a prince, if that were possible."

I said softly, smiling that way as well. The battle was finally over.
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 24  Next