MC: The Eternal Season
Welcome back to Midnight-Crossings RPG. We hope you enjoy your time here.

~Staff at MC inc.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome back to Midnight-Crossings RPG. We hope you enjoy your time here.

~Staff at MC inc.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posters
Mero (4386)
The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 20 I_vote_lcapThe Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 20 I_voting_barThe Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 20 I_vote_rcap 
Prince Utena Tenjou (4102)
The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 20 I_vote_lcapThe Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 20 I_voting_barThe Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 20 I_vote_rcap 
Brandon Maboroshi (3688)
Raijin Uchiha (1803)
Anthy Himemiya (1422)
Feb 30th (1286)
Valerie V. Gauthier (751)
Venus Venenum (564)
Yamato Yamazaki (444)
Disturbed Angel (322)

Latest topics
» New Revolution: The dreams of the Duelist and Rose bride
The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 20 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2021 11:46 pm by Anthy Himemiya

» The funny stories of the Tenjou family and friends
The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 20 EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 5:04 pm by Anthy Himemiya

» War, In its Finest Hours.
The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 20 EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 4:45 pm by Prince Utena Tenjou

» Disturbed dreams
The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 20 EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 12:16 pm by Anthy Himemiya

» Roses of faith
The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 20 EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 1:28 pm by Anthy Himemiya

» Then, I Met You.
The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 20 EmptySat Mar 11, 2017 1:00 am by Prince Utena Tenjou

» The Rainbow Rose Saga Continued?!
The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 20 EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 2:36 pm by Prince Utena Tenjou

» Strange Travels
The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 20 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2016 3:20 pm by Raijin Uchiha

» Shadowed visions
The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 20 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 3:06 pm by Anthy Himemiya

Hits to the Site
Hits Since September 24, 2008!

Free Hit Counterby Pliner.Net
eyeglasses, shopping, lasik
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 128 on Tue May 14, 2019 1:40 pm

The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.]

3 posters

Page 20 of 24 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down

The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 20 Empty The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.]

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:42 am

First topic message reminder :

OOC: I set up the topic, so no worries you don't have to do it. You can choose whether I play your Shadow or you do, it's fine if you want to play or if you want me to play, I don't have no problem with either. ^^ Also did I mention, you remind me a lot of Chie from Persona 4. If you've ever heard of or played the game before you'll know who I'm talking about. I partially got this idea from there anyway. Though I adapted it to its own setting with my mind. But, yeah have fun, sorry for the length of this message.

Often times, the evidence of a troubled mind is in the inability to function properly throughout everyday life. The individuals suffering would slowly atrophy because their own souls are battling them and winning. They are defeating their minds, overpowering them quite easily and snapping them as if they were twigs. Well, you must have the strength to face others in life; Quintessentially, everyone must learn this lesson. But, what some do not know is that there is a time when one will have to face oneself and that takes even more courage....

Everyone has things they hide. Everyone has hidden thoughts and feelings. Everyone has secrets. Part of what makes life and our interaction with one another as human beings so interesting is the urge, the yearning, the want, the need to know what the other is thinking. What the other is feeling; and more importantly, what the other is hiding. We as human beings always yearn for the truth, be it hidden or not, we always wish to know something, a secret, a knowledge, a thing that is not something personal to us. We love to know gossip for whenever a conversation flares out. But, mostly, it is the suppression of the being with a secret that keeps us from ever being COMPLETELY honest with each other. What if that were to change?

"Hey Mero, mind if I ask why we're training here anyway? I mean I thought the other place was good enough but you suggested we come here, any particular reason?"

It looked to be a completely empty field with tall grass swaying in the gentle winds that blew by. It was quite calm and relaxing. No life, nothing was in the area; and it seemed there never would be anything here. It was like this were a place, a secret place, on Earth that no one knew about, but, then again, things on Earth were not like this. We had gone through the portal once more to this alternate dimension, one that seemed to have a peaceful setting.
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male
Number of posts : 4102
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 20 Empty Re: The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.]

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:23 pm

"Just go with it. That's all I know is that you have to name it because, I think it decides what side you'll end up on."

I blinked, watching her think.
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 20 Empty Re: The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.]

Post by Mero Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:48 am

"Ethereal Infernal" I muttered. I thought about the words after I spoke and wondered how they came to be. Their definitions meant the opposite, but if you looked into it further you could translate that as 'perfect hell'.
Mero
Mero
Webmaster

Female
Number of posts : 4386
Job/hobbies : C.E.O

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:55 am

"..."

I sighed and shook it off. The gates that seemed our eyes missed before suddenly swung open and we began to walk through the entranceway. Immediately, it seemed, I was lifted and transported over the border between the two parts of this village to the lighter side with all the plants and the sunlight. Mero, however, stayed on the dark side, the bleak side with barely any sort of life or light to it. It was a place of darkness. And I watched as she stepped on the burnt ground. I blinked.

"Damnit. Now how are we going to..."

'Does Mero really view life as this 'perfect hell'?

I thought to myself. I watched her carefully, meanwhile looking at the side I'd ended up on. This was so strange, I just met the girl and yet I felt like I've known her my entire life, like we're best friends. I sympathize with her and everything. So how it could be that I never knew this about her? ... Well, that was the mystery of it all.
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mero Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:17 pm

I couldn't see anything around me- obviously, but I knew something felt off. I went back to the name I had chosen and sighed. I knew what Xavier would think, but it wasn't the full truth. There was so much more to it then that black and white name. I decided it didn't matter and looked towards the place Xavier's voice was coming from. "I don't see what the big deal is, I'll just cross over to your side" I suggested, stepping toward the boundary line.
Mero
Mero
Webmaster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:40 pm

"Are you sure you can just do that?"

She may have been blind and not able to see the village for what it was, but, this village required you to name it from the heart. Even if you couldn't see it, hear it, smell it, sense it or anything, you could still name. It was whatever your heart first felt when you gazed upon the village. And it seemed that once you were categorized into a certain part of it, there you would stay. As she approached the boundary line, no danger seemed to be in her way. She was just going to hop the border and everything would be alright, right? Wrong. As she went to jump over the boundary, the force field went into activation and shocked her. It electrocuted her whole body, her hair even became frizzy and went up into that of a crazy, frenetic sort of style. The only thing that kept her alive from that much of a shock was Utena's jacket encrusted with her magic. That coat seemed to be doing wonders for her.

I watched with terror.

"MERO! Are you alright?!"

I found myself panting, worried. She was a good friend of mine after all, right?

"I don't think you can just do that, Mero. We have to find some other way for you to get over here. You're on the bleak side and... well, I don't know if we can change that. The force field seems to even ground deep, so even if you were to dig a hole, it wouldn't work, you'd still get shocked."

I thought for a moment. Maybe there was some sort of trick to this barrier, this force field that was shocking Mero? Could it be that this force field was only installed but not sealed? That meant anybody could virtually take it down if they possessed the magical skills to. I blinked. That must be it!

Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mero Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:23 pm

I was forced back as electricity surged through me. I had landed hard on the ground. My body ached as I lay unmoving, my mind try to comprehend the events the unfolded. I had my eyes open and they searched for someone, someone to help. They had landed on Xavier, and now that my brain was working at its full once more, I knew help couldn't come.

After a few minutes of torture through my body I got the nerves to move. It hurt at first as I slowly sat up, but then my body numbed. It was like I had turned into a noodle and I couldn't help but let a small laugh escape my lips.

"Yeah, I'm fine" I reassured Xavier, after he called out to me in a panicked voice. Why was he so worried? We had only just met. My mind shadowed those thoughts with greed filled ones. I was glad he was worried, it gave me comfort.

"Just figure something out" I told him, when he tried to work out a plan. I wasn't digging a hole. I was exhausted. I laid back down, and closed my eyes. I knew I shouldn't sleep. I was stronger then this, but this whole day had taken everything out of me. It was mostly the stress that had done this. I was never stressed, so I had never really experienced stronger waves of sleepiness before.

"Wake me when you figure it out" I muttered to him, my eyes closing. I was on the dark side, but in this moment, I did not care.
Mero
Mero
Webmaster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:56 pm

"Wait, Mero! I know you're exhausted and that ought to have really hurt bad, but concentrate on using the magic in Utena's jacket to disable the force field so that you can jump over to this side. If you can do that, then we have a good chance of finding where she is and getting further in our journeys!"

I called out to her. She seemed to not be able to almost hear at this point. Gee, this was really bad. REALLY really bad. I still continued to hope that she could pull through this. She was the one, after all, during this whole thing that was suffering the most. It appeared though that I couldn't disable it, perhaps it needed a witch's touch. If we could trick the sensors on the force field...

"Then we can disable it... come on Mero you have to try!"

I hoped she'd be able to do this. If she trusted her friend with her life, the magic within the jacket should bend to her will. Magic works with belief, faith and will. That's why some say it has a mind of its own, at first. Once you tame it to your control, it will not so much as be effective if you don't have a motive. Something she needed here. Come on Mero, I know you can do this.
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mero Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:22 pm

His voice touched my ears, making my body react on its own. I sat up, though my mind protested. I let out a sigh then stood, brushing off any sort of dust and dirt that clung to my pants.

"You'll need to walk me through this" I spoke to him while looking over in his direction. "I'm not one for magic".
Mero
Mero
Webmaster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:42 pm

OOC: You're looking in the direction I am by the sound of my voice right? You can't see. xD

"Well I can try, but that's the problem. You see, I haven't really required that skill yet. And for some reason, whatever I try, I can't do it. Magic is all about trust. Just believe in yourself and trust that Utena's magic will do it's thing. That's all I can really say. Believe you can do this and you'll do it."

I watched with anticipation. This would be the first time a mortal has ever actually controlled magic that didn't belong to them.
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mero Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:14 pm

OOC: Yuppers

I cleared my mind and stretch a bit before concentrating. As I finished my warm up, I let my mind run. I focused it on the barrier that separated us and Utena's coat. I imagined the barrier slowly falling, loosing is power as it did. I felt a power run through me. It made me wonder if this is how it felt to harness the power of magic. It was a good feeling, but then again, Utena was a good witch.

I could not see or tell if I had been affecting the barrier, so I relied on Xavier to let me know if I was.
Mero
Mero
Webmaster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:34 pm

I watched. Slowly but surely it looked like it was coming down. Mero... was doing it! I gasped in excitement, and smiled all the same at her accomplishment. I'd tell her when she opened her eyes. But still, wow, so this was Utena's power.
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mero Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:54 pm

I felt the power disappear, and that must of meant that the barrier was down. I opened my un seeing eyes and stepped forward. Daring to try crossing again.
Mero
Mero
Webmaster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:58 pm

I knew she couldn't see what she had done but she'd be able to feel it. I was smiling, arms crossed, as I watched her stride carefully to cross over the boundary once more. She didn't know it yet but the force field had been disabled. And never had I ever been more impressed.
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mero Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:15 pm

Once I crossed the area where I had been shocked before I smirked. "Easy enough" I said in a triumphant tone.
Mero
Mero
Webmaster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:35 pm

"Well I guess I don't need to tell you but congratulations Mero, you did it. I mean you accomplished something that isn't easy for most humans."

I smiled, finally, we were both on the right side and we were both on our way to find Utena. Oh this was so exciting! I truly couldn't wait to meet her and see what she was like.
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mero Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:03 pm

I sorta gave Xavier a look. Not a completely angered one but an annoyed face. "Thanks I guess, although I'll tell you I can already do a lot more things that aren't 'easy for humans'. Taking down a barrier isn't that impressive". I wasn't trying to be mean, but it was silly for this guy to assume this was a big accomplishment.

After a second or two however I shrugged it off and began walking. This side felt a lot different then the other side. It wasn't as dark and cold feeling. Taking a breath of air was soothing, instead of suffocating.
Mero
Mero
Webmaster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:08 pm

"Oh alright. Well, then I guess I can't wait to be impressed then, Mero."

I smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of my head. She was some sort of feisty and reasonable all the same. I couldn't quite get a grasp on her character. But then again, I didn't think I needed to. As for our friendship, I was sure it was spurring rather quickly, like we both felt we've known each other longer than we actually have. It felt like a few years, instead of a few hours, which was something. Was everything amplified in this fantasy world? Or rather in this dark and light village?

We continued to walk through the streets of this pleasanter side of town. The breeze and the air was invigorating, refreshing whereas, I would have guessed the other air to be suffocating and polluted. But, nonetheless, I sighed, no conversation between us for a while. I wondered if she would bring something up. But I kept stealing glances at her; She seemed so familiar.
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mero Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:57 pm

"So where do you think we need to go?" I asked him. I wasn't even sure if we were going in the right direction.
Mero
Mero
Webmaster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:17 pm

"Not a clue. The last time I remember trying to cast a tracking spell to find this witchy friend of yours, the light balls circled around me. And there ain't no way I'm her, much less a girl for that matter!"

I exclaimed as we continued walking down the streets. Judging by the fact that my hair color was pink, it could have been misinterpreted, that statement, but nonetheless it was the truth. I had to keep my guard up, my will strong and my mind working. Where could this Utena be? Think!
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mero Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:31 pm

"Hmmm, maybe someone around this plea has seen her? We could ask around. Do you see any people around?" I asked him.
Mero
Mero
Webmaster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:40 pm

"Nope, strangely and unfortunately, I only see empty streets and other left behind items in stands on the streets. It's only us walking here, Mero. It's weird. You'd think people would find this place more desirable to live. And yet, there is no one here."

I found that rather strange as we continued to walk down the streets. Could there be something here that was warding off the people from staying here? But, the essence of the town screamed a place for people to exist and habitat! I don't get it...

"Hm, do you know any natural reasons why people might not want to live here when it looks so ideal?"
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mero Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:29 am

"Well there is the 'other' side that might be a turn off for them. But I'm not sure. We'd need to do more exploring then that to find out".
Mero
Mero
Webmaster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:20 pm

"Well do you sense something around here that could be key to our search and maybe scaring the people away?"

I blinked and thought a moment, trying to sense something, anything that could have done the trick. I was beginning to faintly sense something a little unsettling in the air. Maybe that was it! But what could it be?
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mero Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:15 pm

I myself couldn't really sense anything, but the magic residue on Utenas jacket told me there was something in this city that we needed to find. I tried using the magic to trace out a path but it wasn't working out very well. "What if you were to take Utena's jacket? With her power and yours, you might be able to discover where we are suppose to be heading" I suggested.
Mero
Mero
Webmaster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:58 pm

"I wouldn't feel right taking it from you, Mero. I mean it is Utena's and she's your friend. We haven't even met face to face. I've just dreamt about her before, that's all. It's a special item to you and plus you look great in it. So, why should I wear it? I mean... if I could just recall my dream in full and a little clearer, I'm sure we could find where it is we need to go."

I sighed for a moment and shrugged, concentrating. Again that same feeling was there again. Like there was some subdued force that was driving the people out of this pleasant community to live in. That's why it was so pleasant in the first place! It was meant to throw people off. There is a disguised place around her that is the center of why this town is a misleading to the eyes of the people. I opened my eyes and started to look around for any sort of discoloration, anything out of the blue that seemed extraordinary in any way, shape or form. Within the little bit we walked, I quickly gave up on this task as I found nothing the matter with this town so far, or this side of town.

Well, if what Mero said were true, all I'd have to do is touch the jacket and Utena's power should flow to my fingertips. In defense and if I let her magic in with a calm and friendly manner, it shall obey what I wish it to do! That's it. I held my hand on Mero's shoulder gently and took in Utena's magic, closing my eyes and concentrating. It was like using her magic was a world that was different to me, sooooo different. It felt... like I actually had mastery of magic and wasn't just a novice wizard who screws everything up. It also planned out the town for me on a grid, as if we were looking at it 3 dimensionally. Eventually, there was a home that seemed to not be completed, only seemed to be like a flat, a billboard type thing, standing up to give the illusion it was an actual home. Under the flat there was a tunnel, big enough for any creature, virtually, to fit inside and walk through it. I smiled and jumped up, releasing my hand from Utena's jacket and opening my eyes.

"I know where we have to go Mero! Come on!"

I pulled her hand in the direction we needed to go. This was so exciting!
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 24 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next