MC: The Eternal Season
Welcome back to Midnight-Crossings RPG. We hope you enjoy your time here.

~Staff at MC inc.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome back to Midnight-Crossings RPG. We hope you enjoy your time here.

~Staff at MC inc.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posters
Mero (4386)
The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 2 I_vote_lcapThe Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 2 I_voting_barThe Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Prince Utena Tenjou (4102)
The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 2 I_vote_lcapThe Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 2 I_voting_barThe Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Brandon Maboroshi (3688)
Raijin Uchiha (1803)
Anthy Himemiya (1422)
Feb 30th (1286)
Valerie V. Gauthier (751)
Venus Venenum (564)
Yamato Yamazaki (444)
Disturbed Angel (322)

Latest topics
» New Revolution: The dreams of the Duelist and Rose bride
The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2021 11:46 pm by Anthy Himemiya

» The funny stories of the Tenjou family and friends
The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 5:04 pm by Anthy Himemiya

» War, In its Finest Hours.
The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 4:45 pm by Prince Utena Tenjou

» Disturbed dreams
The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 12:16 pm by Anthy Himemiya

» Roses of faith
The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 1:28 pm by Anthy Himemiya

» Then, I Met You.
The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 11, 2017 1:00 am by Prince Utena Tenjou

» The Rainbow Rose Saga Continued?!
The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 2:36 pm by Prince Utena Tenjou

» Strange Travels
The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2016 3:20 pm by Raijin Uchiha

» Shadowed visions
The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 3:06 pm by Anthy Himemiya

Hits to the Site
Hits Since September 24, 2008!

Free Hit Counterby Pliner.Net
eyeglasses, shopping, lasik
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 128 on Tue May 14, 2019 1:40 pm

The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.]

3 posters

Page 2 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 24  Next

Go down

The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 2 Empty The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.]

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:42 am

First topic message reminder :

OOC: I set up the topic, so no worries you don't have to do it. You can choose whether I play your Shadow or you do, it's fine if you want to play or if you want me to play, I don't have no problem with either. ^^ Also did I mention, you remind me a lot of Chie from Persona 4. If you've ever heard of or played the game before you'll know who I'm talking about. I partially got this idea from there anyway. Though I adapted it to its own setting with my mind. But, yeah have fun, sorry for the length of this message.

Often times, the evidence of a troubled mind is in the inability to function properly throughout everyday life. The individuals suffering would slowly atrophy because their own souls are battling them and winning. They are defeating their minds, overpowering them quite easily and snapping them as if they were twigs. Well, you must have the strength to face others in life; Quintessentially, everyone must learn this lesson. But, what some do not know is that there is a time when one will have to face oneself and that takes even more courage....

Everyone has things they hide. Everyone has hidden thoughts and feelings. Everyone has secrets. Part of what makes life and our interaction with one another as human beings so interesting is the urge, the yearning, the want, the need to know what the other is thinking. What the other is feeling; and more importantly, what the other is hiding. We as human beings always yearn for the truth, be it hidden or not, we always wish to know something, a secret, a knowledge, a thing that is not something personal to us. We love to know gossip for whenever a conversation flares out. But, mostly, it is the suppression of the being with a secret that keeps us from ever being COMPLETELY honest with each other. What if that were to change?

"Hey Mero, mind if I ask why we're training here anyway? I mean I thought the other place was good enough but you suggested we come here, any particular reason?"

It looked to be a completely empty field with tall grass swaying in the gentle winds that blew by. It was quite calm and relaxing. No life, nothing was in the area; and it seemed there never would be anything here. It was like this were a place, a secret place, on Earth that no one knew about, but, then again, things on Earth were not like this. We had gone through the portal once more to this alternate dimension, one that seemed to have a peaceful setting.
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male
Number of posts : 4102
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.]

Post by Mero Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:44 am

I stomped over to the other me while she was talking to Utena and punched her square in the face. "Oi! You my friend are waaaaaaay too obnoxious! So piss off and shut that mouth of yours!"
Mero
Mero
Webmaster

Female
Number of posts : 4386
Job/hobbies : C.E.O

Back to top Go down

The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.] - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trails of a Troubled Mind~ [PRIVATE - Mero and Utena only.]

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:51 am

'You know I could say the same about you, you little ordinary, useless girl."

Innermost thoughts and feelings, but, how could that be? How could she know what Mero was thinking?

"Mero be careful, I don't have a good vibe on this one.

"Well aren't you the smart one? Hm? It's not rocket science to figure out I'm not that great of a vibe, but I sense that you have some power, so what you have in power you make up for in your lacking of brains.... at least you'll get somewhere. Not like this useless version of me..."

"Mero's not worthless!"

"Or is she? I want to be powerful like Utena and Bryant, sometimes it just makes me so sick! Why are they the lucky ones? Why do they have powers and I can't do anything? It makes me feel so powerless! I want to fight and share my efforts with them, but, I can't because I am powerless. I am just an ordinary human, isn't that right, me?"

A smirk, things were definitely becoming complicated.
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mero Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:54 am

I threw my head back in laughter, "Oh wow me ... you couldn't be farther from the truth". I narrowed my eyes at her-me. "Besides, if you me we share the same abilities... isn't that like bitch slapping yourself?"
Mero
Mero
Webmaster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:02 am

"No, obviously you do not understand the truth. I am you, and you are me. I am a shadow, one's true self. Your hidden thoughts and emotions. I know you hide it from them everyday, I know everything about you, what you're thinking, how you feel, the whole enchilada. It's plain to see that you're jealous of Utena and Bryant's abilities. When will I have a special ability of my own to actually fight with and call my own? Right now it seems like a far off dream but if I work hard I can get to it.... Riiiiiggghhhhtttt and someday you might meet a prince and run off magically to get married just like in the fuckin' stupid ass fairytales that dyke believes in. This world, this reality, it's all a lie, it's a much smarter way to live but you, you seek the truth. Well the truth is, punk, I'm as much a part of you as you are a part of me!"

"Oh no..."

She smirked and continued to talk as I didn't even know what to think. I was so lost in thought, this was all so... confusing. I blinked. Mero and Mero, oh boy, this was going to be a weird battle.
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mero Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:04 am

I went and punched her again. "You talk way to much, even for my- our standards! "
Mero
Mero
Webmaster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:08 am

"Does that mean you talk too much too? Anything you accuse me of, you're guilty of yourself. Unless.... you just can't accept the truth that stands before you. Anyone with a brain could tell you THAT, it's obvious.... you're useless. Worthless.... and you know it."

She snickered and was continuing to aggravate Mero and now, me. I clenched my fists some, ready to jump into action. I watched her carefully as she laughed again maniacally. She was twisted, but then again, she was Mero?
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mero Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:09 pm

I shrugged and got a little irritated,"I wouldn't say completely useless or worthless".
Mero
Mero
Webmaster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:03 pm

The copy smiled and crossed her arms.

"What's the matter, are you mad? Getting irritated. I can tell everything you're thinking, everything you're feeling, your innermost thoughts and secrets. EVERYTHING. I'm you Mero, face up to that fact that I'm you. If you don't that's fine too, unless you'd rather be marked down as the worthless, ordinary girl in history that couldn't do anything for herself because she's powerless. What you are is powerless! And your thoughts, your hidden thoughts speak volumes of your jealousy!"

She laughed maniacally and stood in the position she was already in, crossing her arms in that "all knowing" way."
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mero Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:58 pm

My hands found their way into fists as I tried keeping my temper down. "So if i'm this worthless, so powerless, what does that make you?"
Mero
Mero
Webmaster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:57 pm

"I'm you Mero, I've always been you and always will be you. If you're so worthless and powerless that makes me worthless and powerless and of course useless, but, I'm not afraid to admit it to myself, unlike you. If you weren't afraid to admit your jealousy then I would not have ever existed so let me tell you how glad I am that you're not able to admit that to yourself. You're so pathetic you have to suppress it and well, eventually, that got out of hand. So now we're back to square one again. Try to follow along when I say..."

The copy smirked and then crossed her arms, a dark aura forming around her, glowing yellow eyes looking straight at the real Mero.

"I'm you, Mero!"
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mero Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:04 pm

I had gotten so angry that I threw my sword at her at a fast speed, aiming for her head.
"Shut up! Your such an annoying shit! You may think you know everything about me and my thoughts and feelings, but you don't. I'm not jealous of them, I'm proud to have them as my friends and I'm lucky I have friends of their abilities so if I'm ever in trouble I know who to turn to!"
Mero
Mero
Webmaster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:16 pm

"Hahahah yes yes, I feel it.... mm, this is so great. So, what does that mean, Mero? What are you saying to me.... that I'm not you?"

A devilish smirk drew across her face, her lips forming into the smirk very slowly and dramatically. I stood there in awe, what was going to happen?
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mero Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:45 pm

"Yes and no. You are obviously me. You look like me, talk like me. But all this gibberish about jealousy and being useless... you do not think like me".
Mero
Mero
Webmaster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:01 pm

"What you just said doesn't make sense. If I look like you and talk like you, than obviously I am you. But, I don't think like you. Is not the mind a greater asset than the outer qualities such as sound of voice or looks themselves? Mero.... you're foolish. You just can't admit to yourself that secretly inside of you somewhere, you've been hiding and harboring all of this. It's sad really. To think that you, of all people, I mean I do speak my mind right, you would keep this from your best friends."

She paused and smirked again in a devilish way, her voice continuing to penetrate the air with its "harsh" sound.

"Hehehehe, I know you inside and out. There is no hiding anything from me. This fake mask you pretend to put on in front of your friends, it's all an act. Deep down you are displeased by the fact that they're special and you're not. You're jealous of their abilities and that you don't even have a speck of them yourself. You're saddened by the fact that, though you're a skilled fighter, they'll have to rescue you every single time. You're frustrated and angry right now at the fact that everything I'm saying is truthful! Admit it! Embrace it! Accept it! What I say is true and real and what you're keeping from Utena and Bryant, more or less, what you're keeping from yourself... go ahead say it, I dare you. Dare to tell me that I'm not you.... I would love to see this!"

She was standing in a very evil manner and glaring at Mero and I even more so maliciously. She seemed like she had a plan and I could only wonder what really was going on here. If these really were thoughts Mero was keeping from us, why didn't she just come out and say them to me and Bryant? We're friends we can talk about anything. Then I was beginning to wonder where the shadow came from, she did say she was one, the true self. This was all a bit much to take in and furthermore, a bit strange. But, I continued watching from the sidelines. This was interesting as well, but, this was Mero's fight, and I was going to let her have it.
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mero Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:36 pm

"What would happen if I said you weren't me? Or what if I said I did agree with everything you said? What would happen to you?"
Mero
Mero
Webmaster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:01 pm

"Whatever's bound to happen Mero, you might as well see. If anything, I'm here for you to help you out if you need it. Don't worry whatever happens, we can beat it. Just..... let's see first."

The shadow smiled in a malicious way but still, it was sincere somehow. She walked a step closer in her proximity to us and I touched Mero's shoulder softly. We could do this.

"I'd listen to your friend."
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mero Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:31 pm

I didn't really acknowledge her, but I had heard what she said. I wanted to know so much more about this "Shadow me". "I asked you a question... two actually. What happens if I do accept you? and what happens if I dont?"
Mero
Mero
Webmaster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:47 am

"Simple, actually. You accept me, there is nothing to be worried over and I disappear for good. I become a part of you and enforce you with strength, since, you know, we are the same person."

She paused and gave a smirk, eyeing me and then switching her gaze back to Mero. She was very sly, just like Mero could be when needed.

"But if you don't... hmphhmphhmph, well, then, we might have a problem."

"What kind of problem?"

"Oh she speaks! I thought you were becoming a limp noodle over there princey! Hahahaha, anyway, the problem.... you'll have to defeat me. If an original does not accept his or her shadow opposite then they are enforced with power and you and any other person in the immediate area of you is forced to fight us. If you lose, you and your companions die and the shadow becomes the only living form of the original, they are set free to do whatever they wish. However, if you win, then the original still must accept me or I will shoot up with power once again and attack you and we wouldn't want that now would we?"

She smirked with an evil gleam in her eyes as she watched us. I was beginning to get a little offset with all of this.

"So what will it be?"
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mero Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:58 pm

I laughed slightly, "I didn't know I was this arrogant... but I don't really want to accept you as myself. And besides, me and you are of equal strength, we would get know where. That is unless Utena help me, then we would have an advantage over you". I smirked at my copy.
Mero
Mero
Webmaster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:17 pm

I just continued to watch as the scene played on. Hearing my name, I acknowledged the sound of it from the original's mouth, my friend's mouth. My eyes just followed the action. My body felt the intensity of the moment between the original Mero and her shadow. What was to happen?

"Well, that IS if she decides to help you. If she doesn't and she claims it's your fight then you're pretty much fucked if you deny me as a part of you."

Could the copy tell what I was thinking as well? I mean she was a part of Mero, she should only know her thoughts. I had a compromised plan, hopefully, she wouldn't speak my hidden plan as of late.

"So how about it Mero. To deny or to accept, that is the question." She laughed in an amused tone. She seemed so easily amused at the jokes made in our conversation. But, personally, I hardly found a time like this to be laughing at such trivial things. I suppose I would hang back and let Mero handle this one how she pleased without intervention. I had an idea and while I was hanging back, I could definitely analyze the situation to know more about it. After all, I'd never seen this before, ever. A shadow version of someone, one of my best friends nonetheless. This was all a bit strange...
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mero Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:12 pm

"Pretty much fucked eh? I don't suppose you gain a whole bunch of power when your denied? Even so, a fight would be quiet challenging, especially since you know everything about me... and the fact that you can read my thoughts won't help either. But at the same time I feel sick to my stomach when I think about agreeing with you". I smiled wickedly at my shadow, "So for the hell of it, I think I'm going to deny you".
Mero
Mero
Webmaster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:33 pm

"So what are you saying, that I'm not you and you're not me?! Hahahhaahahah ... I was hoping you'd say that.... oh this is amazing. You shall die where you stand and you'll go down too princey!"

She smirked and transformed into an angel that had ascent into the skies. One wing was black and the other was white and her eyes still retained the yellow glow to them that looked almost eerie. Her gaze was somewhat terrifying that, if one had a weak stomach or scared easily, they would flee the moment she dared to peer at them. At the moment she had two pistils on her belt that were decorated in fancy fashions, obviously belonging to some high class family, or used to belong to them. She smirked as she twirled the guns in her hands and awaited for the battle to begin. They seemed almost an exact replica of the guns that Mero, herself, carried. But, the thing I noticed about these guns, they weren't exactly a solid and faded black material as Mero's were; they were a sleek black color.

'Shape-shifters...'

I thought to myself. Luckily the other Mero didn't pick up on it. I decided to stand in the back and let Mero handle this for now. I had sensed that her power level had gone up significantly, but, it wasn't anything to be worried over. What could she be planning?
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mero Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:47 pm

"Ooh, neat little trick you got there. I didn't know I could do that... Does this mean that your not entirely me?" My smile grew and it mocked that of my shadows. I had disappeared from their vision and ended up behind the shadow. I kicked her in the back between her wings then landed on the ground.
Mero
Mero
Webmaster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:41 pm

"Did I not say I was your shadow? Your true self? Your hidden thoughts that you cannot show to others. Some you cannot even admit to yourself! How many times do I have to repeat myself? Gee, you're a lot stupider than I thought."

I blinked as I watched what was happening. This was all so sudden and new, I didn't know what to expect. Nonetheless, my blue eyes watched Mero's shadow with anticipation on what her next move would be, I couldn't predict it or read her mind, it was all so... strange. I doubted that that it would be less any less interesting than it was strange. But, still, Mero's shadow, how would you defeat Mero's shadow?

"You can't do this. You're a pathetic human. You're nothing special! After all, the significance of inner thoughts you're dismissing the power of! You're so foolish, naive and not to mention stupid. You're a jealous fool, that's what you are. Your inner thoughts are in agreement with your heart and your heart, I can sense, is a very fickle thing. Although it can be very powerful at times, it is still just as foolish as you are! Now Mero, die by my hands and let me free. Allow me to live the live I've always wished to..... as you."

She was rambling on, she was growing even more into this than before and I couldn't help but keep my own thoughts to myself. I was lost in thought, so I wasn't really paying attention as to what was going on. But, the battle continued.

"You're going to pay for that kick, you little brat!"

Mero's kick between the Shadow Mero's wings was successful and it sent her flying in the opposite direction, still hovering in the air about an inch off the ground. She seemed angered, the expression on her face, scrunched. She wasn't going to lose this battle! With that, the Shadow Mero threw a ball of darkness at the original Mero. This was sure to be one interesting battle.
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mero Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:58 pm

I moved my hands in front of me and stopped the ball before it hit, but I did not deflect it. I held it in front of me, then moved it so it was floating atop my right palm. "That 's funny, I thought you new everything about me... I mean did you really think that would work?" I smiled but behind the smile was a tad bit of pain.

Handling someone else's power- even is technically it was my own- was putting strain on my energy. I ran towards her and shot the blast ahead of me. Then just as swiftly I charged another one- this time from my own powers- and shot it after.
Mero
Mero
Webmaster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 24  Next