MC: The Eternal Season
Welcome back to Midnight-Crossings RPG. We hope you enjoy your time here.

~Staff at MC inc.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome back to Midnight-Crossings RPG. We hope you enjoy your time here.

~Staff at MC inc.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posters
Mero (4386)
Pokemon Battle! Here we go!! - Page 2 I_vote_lcapPokemon Battle! Here we go!! - Page 2 I_voting_barPokemon Battle! Here we go!! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Prince Utena Tenjou (4102)
Pokemon Battle! Here we go!! - Page 2 I_vote_lcapPokemon Battle! Here we go!! - Page 2 I_voting_barPokemon Battle! Here we go!! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Brandon Maboroshi (3688)
Raijin Uchiha (1803)
Anthy Himemiya (1422)
Feb 30th (1286)
Valerie V. Gauthier (751)
Venus Venenum (564)
Yamato Yamazaki (444)
Disturbed Angel (322)

Latest topics
» New Revolution: The dreams of the Duelist and Rose bride
Pokemon Battle! Here we go!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2021 11:46 pm by Anthy Himemiya

» The funny stories of the Tenjou family and friends
Pokemon Battle! Here we go!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 5:04 pm by Anthy Himemiya

» War, In its Finest Hours.
Pokemon Battle! Here we go!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 4:45 pm by Prince Utena Tenjou

» Disturbed dreams
Pokemon Battle! Here we go!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 12:16 pm by Anthy Himemiya

» Roses of faith
Pokemon Battle! Here we go!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 1:28 pm by Anthy Himemiya

» Then, I Met You.
Pokemon Battle! Here we go!! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 11, 2017 1:00 am by Prince Utena Tenjou

» The Rainbow Rose Saga Continued?!
Pokemon Battle! Here we go!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 2:36 pm by Prince Utena Tenjou

» Strange Travels
Pokemon Battle! Here we go!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2016 3:20 pm by Raijin Uchiha

» Shadowed visions
Pokemon Battle! Here we go!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 3:06 pm by Anthy Himemiya

Hits to the Site
Hits Since September 24, 2008!

Free Hit Counterby Pliner.Net
eyeglasses, shopping, lasik
Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 128 on Tue May 14, 2019 1:40 pm

Pokemon Battle! Here we go!!

2 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Pokemon Battle! Here we go!! - Page 2 Empty Pokemon Battle! Here we go!!

Post by Raijin Uchiha Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:06 pm

First topic message reminder :

Seth hurried to the town square where the usual public battles were held daily. Being one of the number one trainers in the town his appearance was expected by all who take part in the event. Reaching the crowd of trainers and spectators he announced his presence. "I'm here! Don't start without me!" He made his way to the center, awaiting his opponent. Six small pokeballs rested on his belt. "Okay, I'm ready for whoever!" A breeze passed through his white spiked hair, leaving his opened red jacket ruffling. A dramatic looking scene!
Raijin Uchiha
Raijin Uchiha
Postadictorian

Male
Number of posts : 1803
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Battle! Here we go!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Pokemon Battle! Here we go!!

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:46 pm

I couldn't see a thing! It was so dusty and opaque, I don't think anyone could really make out what was going on on the field, clearly. All I knew was that when the dust cleared, it would reveal the victor. Gradually, it began to clear and separate, showing to my vision what was happening on the field. At the moment, it seemed to be a complete standoff. Both pokemon had wasted all of their energy, their attacks exploding into that big attack that caused all the dust to rise. I coughed and waved my hand to move the cloudy gas away from my face, then seeing Corsola and Tyranitar staring at each other. The pokemon who remained up longer would win.

"Come on! Corsola you can win!"

They were both panting and tired and at, probably, the same time, both of them gave out and fell unconscious. Thus, the first round was a draw. I smiled and returned Corsola, the red beam of light shining down upon the field and capturing Corsola within its embrace, bringing her back to the pokeball.

"Corsola, you did amazing. Truly. You really made me proud, thank you."

I didn't want to come off as sentimental but I quickly kissed the pokeball and placed it back on my belt, reaching for another one, waiting for him to release his pokemon.

"By all means, let's see what you got."
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male
Number of posts : 4102

Back to top Go down

Post by Raijin Uchiha Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:32 am

"A draw! Pretty good! I must say Mizu, you are one talented trainer!"

Seth threw the ball out and watched as his Luxray formed from the white beam. The pokemon stood on all four legs in a pouncing-like position, waiting for it's opponent. Standing a few meters behind it was Seth, who was doing a little dance. Bystanders began cheering louder and louder. What an entertaining battle this was!

"Alright Luxray, let's see that electrifying technique you have! Haha!"
Raijin Uchiha
Raijin Uchiha
Postadictorian

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:45 am

'So a Luxray huh? That's an electric type... this is sure to be one hell of a battle.... alright, now I think I know the right pokemon to send out...'

I smirked and moved my hand to the far right to find the last pokeball on my belt. I picked it up and expanded it within my palm, ready to send out my pokemon to rival Luxray.

"Alright, well, then, are you ready Seth? Here comes round two and I'd like to say you're a pretty good trainer yourself, buddy!"

I smiled and tossed the pokeball in the air, then releasing my pokemon onto the field in a bright white light, forming around its shape. I called out its name in glee.

"Let's go Starmie!"
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Raijin Uchiha Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:56 am

"Buddy? So does that mean we can be friends??"

A smile crossed his face. It was as if he had no friends and longed for some his whole life. Anyways, Mizu's second pokemon was released from the ball and did it sure surprise him. A Starmie! Two water pokemon. Could it be that the girl is a Water based trainer only? Possibly a gym leader? Her pokemon were strong and she did have a tear drop piece on her necklace, something similar to the Cerulean city badge.

"Alright Luxray, let's go for a quick attack!"

The Luxray instantly took in the command and acted. He took off, accelerating pretty quickly. Using his speed the Luxray made a swift zig-zag run at the Starmie to deliver a tackle.
Raijin Uchiha
Raijin Uchiha
Postadictorian

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:07 am

I smirked, closing my eyes. I didn't need my eyes for this battle. Starmie was basically my best friend and we were so in sync with one another, all we needed were our senses of the other, if we were to use anything else it'd just slow us down and more importantly, get in our way. My necklace seemed to glow a bit brighter than normal; It was actually glowing, though to any other person watching the battle here today it would appear as though it were a reflection from the bright sun shining over head. I calmly commanded Starmie.

"You're fast Luxray, Starmie... dodge."

It quickly sidestepped the accelerating Luxray and waited for it to stop in its tracks to realize it was no longer attacking its intended target. They'd have to do better if they wanted to keep up with Starmie. This one I've trained diligently, more diligently than my last pokemon, Corsola. Who would win this battle? The crowd roared for their favorite contestant.
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Raijin Uchiha Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:50 pm

Luxray sped towards the Starmie, ready to send it's attack. Then it dodged! A pretty fast reaction! But Luxray knew exactly how to counter. He quickly decelerated and stopped completely, turning in the direction of the Starmie and running at it again. This time he charged up electricity, sending a bolt at the Starmie using Thunderwave.

"You do what you must Luxray!"
Raijin Uchiha
Raijin Uchiha
Postadictorian

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:57 pm

"Do I need say it Starmie?"

Starmie cried out proudly and attempted to completely dodge the thunderwave and tackle being thrown at him. He was able to jump up in the air and completely and successfully dodge the tackle. Unfortunately, Starmie was inflicted slightly by the thunderwave. Dammit! Seth was really good at those annoying little slight shots, wasn't he? I cringed, almost feeling the same shock that Starmie felt. But, quickly I recovered, keeping my eyes closed. Starmie, still in the air, knew what to do. Immediately, it fired a water gun at Luxray, hoping it would hit it.

'Good boy Starmie...' Smile
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Raijin Uchiha Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:05 am

Luxray passed underneath the Starmie, completely missing the pokemon. The Thunderwave, however, managed to hit the Starmie and paralyze it. That didn't mean it stopped it from firing projectiles, water based projectiles. From the tip of the point shot out water. It hit Luxray from the back and pushed him forward, sending him rolling. Great counter from Mizu and Starmie. The technique wasn't that effective against him because it was a water type attack though. He quickly recovered from the roll and shook the water off his fur and generated electricity around his body, sending it up into a cloud above in a concentrated bolt.

"Oh man!"

The bolt suddenly shot down from the cloud and was directed at Starmie, who was in the air. This was Thunder!

The
Raijin Uchiha
Raijin Uchiha
Postadictorian

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:19 am

Starmie had successfully hit the Luxray with the water gun and now it was time for its descent. It calmly descended to the ground when Luxray recovered from the water gun's effects and called upon the move of thunder. This meant that there was a literal thunderstorm on the field. That wasn't good news for Starmie.

'Starmie... try to dodge it however you can buddy. This isn't in our favor right now, but we have to stick it out until we can do something....'

I was thinking this but Starmie knew it. We had this special connection, by the way I was panicking, Starmie could tell I was worried and thus it toughened up to reassure me that everything was going to be alright. As the terrifying bolts of lightning befell the field in the move known as thunder, Starmie's speed was sufficiently decreased from the thunderwave that hit it previously. It tried its best to keep up with the rhythm and the speed of the thunderbolts shooting at it directly. For the most part Starmie was doing a great job dodging the thunderbolts for a wounded pokemon, but, suddenly, it stopped dodging and its "legs" locked and he wasn't moving. I was sensing that not all was right. Starmie wasn't moving and now it was in a panic.

'Oh no! Starmie! Get out of there! .... Shit, he's paralyzed.... Starmie... you have to do something... try.... try enduring it the best you can! I'm sorry buddy!'

All this I was screaming in my thoughts, my teardrop necklace seeming to glow a little brighter than before. I was in distress, Starmie was in distress. This was not good. It needed to channel all its inner strength to be able to resist this attack and stand strong. The last match ended in a tie and this round was going to be mine. Starmie and I had both had this undermining determination to us that we wouldn't give up... Keeping my eyes closed, I had full faith that Starmie would be able to pull out of this!

But, somewhere out in the stands, there was a mysterious trainer that seemed to lurk more in the shadows, wherever there was shade in this sunny arena, now filled with a bit of cloudy weather. From outward appearance one wouldn't be able to tell if this person was a boy or a girl, just from the clothes he/she wore alone. The face and all of its features were a complete mystery as they were not outward, they were cleverly hidden in a sweatshirt with a hood and sunglasses to cover the person's eyes. The only thing that would have given the identity of the gender of this person away was in the voice. But, silent they remained, watching the battle intensely, without judgment, with apathy, set apart from the crowd.
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Raijin Uchiha Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:08 pm

Attacking from the sky the bolt of electricity struck the immobile Starmie, sending currents throughout the pokemon. Luxray stood patiently on it's four legs, waiting to see if the Starmie was able to continue on with the battle.

"Good work Luxray! That was a nice combination!"

The boy gave his pokemon a thumbs up from the side and smiled. Who knew that a pokemon could handle a battle without taking commands. That was what training could get done!
Raijin Uchiha
Raijin Uchiha
Postadictorian

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:25 pm

'I hope Starmie's okay... I'm not going to give in to Seth, no matter how good of a trainer he may be....'

Starmie stood strong and cried a healthy cry. I didn't dare to open my eyes, but, I could hear the determination in the note of his voice. Starmie was okay and ready to go! Sure, he was hurt, but, it was almost like he was responding to my thoughts. I smiled heartily and then warmly exclaimed...

"Alright then Starmie, show me what you can do and more importantly, let's show Seth what you can do!"

Starmie cried again, he shook off his paralysis from the thunderwave and tried to ignore the pulsing pain still surging through him. Starmie started to throw stars at Luxray in a swift attack. He knew that, in order to show his true potential in this battle, he'd need to recuperate his strength from the previously paralysis and furthermore, thunderbolt attack. So it was smart of Starmie to start off with an attack that didn't require much movement to begin with and usually never missed.

Out in the stands, the mysterious trainer watching the battle all by his/her lonesome, began to smile. To the naked eye from a stranger it would appear devious as if they were going to interfere and do something without permission or authority. To the trained eye of decoding emotion, it would appear as a normal but proud smile. The trainer was obviously very pleased at what was happening on the field and the display between the two trainers. But, most of this trainer's attention was set on Mizu and her accomplishments and setbacks. This mysterious trainer seemed to take an innate interest into the way Mizu trained her pokemon.

On the other hand, there was another trainer whom was watching from the gateways of the stadium where the contestants walked out to stand in their positions to start the battle. No one really noticed this mysterious trainer standing there, nor did the ones who did notice him, care at all. They figured he was a security guard of some sort. Or perhaps he was one of the Elite to watch over the battle. Well the latter is somewhat true, but, who could this other mysterious trainer be? No one had a clue. No clue to gender, no clue to what he looked like, again, all the clues rested within the trainer's appearance and tone of voice. But, this trainer remained silent as he/she apathetically watched the battle. He/she standing in the gateway did have a full pokemon party on his/her belt as well. Meanwhile fondling the pokeballs in memories of battles they've been through, the trainer standing in the gateway set his/her sights on Seth and surprisingly found himself/herself rooting for Seth to win. This was strange... who were these trainers?
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Raijin Uchiha Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:19 pm

Seth was surprised to see that the Starmie had taken the hit and was still able to battle. This Mizu and her pokemon were no joke, they were the real deal! Such an outstanding trainer, she had to be a legend in her hometown! Luxray was ready to continue with the battle. He liked a challenge and Starmie was the perfect opponent.

"What a powerful Starmie! I admire your training skills Mizu, as well as your pokemon! Together you are a force!"

The Starmie attacked first after taking the hit with a swift attack. To most pokemon this move is difficult to evade, even for Luxray. Fortunately Luxray knew the same move. He sent several of his own stars at foe's, putting an abrupt halt to the five pointed projectiles.

"Nice Luxray! You did good there!"
Raijin Uchiha
Raijin Uchiha
Postadictorian

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:46 pm

"Thank you Seth, I sense that you and your Luxray are a good challenge as well, for any trainer. You're a force to be reckoned with."

So, Luxray countered the swift attack with a swift attack of his own. I need to start thinking outside the box with this opponent. By the looks of Luxray you'd think he'd be the same type as Starmie; Prominently water and partly psychic, but, with a capability of using other attacks. But, Luxray was an electric type and this was different. I needed to be more careful. First up against a ground that should have been easy to beat for Corsola, but, turned out to be extremely hard. And now Starmie is up against Luxray... this is going to be rather difficult.

"I guess that was a bust.. Starmie..."

Starmie seemed to know what to do before I could even voice a command. It seemed it was reading my emotions, my emotions that flowed like the oceans themselves. No wonder Starmie and I were basically best friends. Starmie seemed to be readying itself to be able to move freely again. When all of its power seemed to have restored itself and half of it placed in the attack, Starmie darted forward towards Luxray in a full throttle tackle. Hopefully, this would succeed.

"I'm sure he would. And, I'm sure my older brother would be proud of me too. Are you an only child Seth?"

Talking with my eyes closed did seem strange, but it was the only way I could truly feel what Starmie was feeling. I was beginning to lose connection until I felt a stinging in my muscles, then I knew it was back. So... this is what Starmie was feeling huh...? I needed to find a way to turn the tables.

Last edited by Prince Utena Tenjou~ on Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Raijin Uchiha Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:03 pm

"Really!? Thanks a lot! My father would be proud of me!"

Seth smiled and look up at the sky, beginning to tear a bit. He immediately wiped his eyes so Mizu wouldn't see him getting all emotional. Luxray stared down the Starmie and lowered itself a bit as if he was going to pounce on it. Electricity began surging around his body during a Charge, preparing for an electric move that would be very difficult to evade.

"Oh man, Luxray is getting ready! This is getting good!"

Seth then heard Mizu's question. He was in fact a lonely child with a single parent. No one asked the boy about his parents though.

"Yeah, I'm a lonely child. How many siblings do you have?"

The Starmie then spun towards the Luxray like a projectile! A tackle! Fully charged the Luxray shot a compressed bolt of electricity at the incoming Starmie. It traveled through the air very quickly, no doubt about it, this was Shock Wave!
Raijin Uchiha
Raijin Uchiha
Postadictorian

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:39 pm

"Shit another shockwave..."

I mumbled under my breath. Starmie was already on the path to tackling Luxray whom was shooting a shockwave at Starmie again. Starmie though, did something smart. Instead of directly being hit by the wave, it changed and spun its angle to have the wave hit the jewel in the middle of its body and reflect off of it in any old direction, but, it did not hit Starmie, it kept charging in its tackle. I thought this was quite brilliant of it. I smiled and strangely, the mysterious trainer in the stands smiled with me.

"Way to go Starmie! Oh to answer your question, I have two older siblings. They're both older brothers, but, one, unfortunately died. The other one is still living, but, he went traveling so I barely see him."

Starmie was handling the type difference REALLY well.
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Raijin Uchiha Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:05 pm

"Oh, sorry to hear. I lost my father....And maybe you can travel and find him! Show him how strong you are! Heh."

Unfortunately, Luxray's electric bolt had deflected off of the ruby-like gem at it's center. As expected it continued with it's tackle. By now it'd be too late to dodge or send another electric based projectile attack. Luxray, instead, began running towards the Starmie and jumping up in it's way. The Starmie's tackle connected with the Luxray but Seth's pokemon wasn't going to take a close range hit without delivering one of his own.

Taking the hit Luxray did not just let his body get tossed from the force. He use his claws to hold onto the Starmie and also used his tail to wrap around one of the star points.

"Oh no! Luxray!!!"

Closing his eyes from the pain the Luxray's teeth generated electricity. He used this to send a bite at the Starmie's purple star blade. A Thunder Fang!
Raijin Uchiha
Raijin Uchiha
Postadictorian

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:17 pm

"You're a creative pain in the butt you know that?!"

I cringed, knowing that Luxray was hit in the tackle but then it had managed to attach itself to my Starmie and shock him with a thunder fang. I've never even heard of a thunder fang! I regained my composure with a sigh and the reflex caused Starmie to, out of shock, spit out a nasty water gun right at Luxray, propelling it off it and stopping midway in its tackle instead of continuing to rush forward. I felt the small shock that Luxray hit Starmie with, ouch. I cringed and then called out to Seth again.

"Yeah hopefully I can find him, wherever he is. I really do miss him, and we both miss the other brother more. You know, not many know of me. I'm not a well known trainer. So what? I've won a couple of badges, I've beaten a couple of people in leagues and gotten prizes but, the only thing I really have is the bond with my pokemon and that bond I deepen everyday when I train with them. That is how I'm able to feel what Starmie is feeling and I can tell what it's doing and what to command it to do with my eyes closed. Furthermore, it can feel in tune with me and that is how it knows what my heart wishes for it to do before I even ask it to. Starmie is my best friend. I have to have some form of friendship since my brother is off winning badges and leagues and traveling so much I don't see him anymore. And the other one is dead, but, everyone knew him...."

Though this was a pretty depressing topic, I was showing no sign of sadness in my voice nor in my body language or eyes. I spoke that completely apathetically and with a strong emotional barrier. I wouldn't break down. No, instead I softly smiled.

"In fact, I promised him before this battle that I'd win it for him. So you see, I simply cannot lose!"

The crowd roared at my resolve and that made me feel somewhat happy. I'm glad I had all this support.
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Raijin Uchiha Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:21 pm

"Yeah, I know! Heh!"

The electric shock had triggered a reflex in which Starmie used Water Gun to force Luxray off of it. No matter, the damage was done! Thunder Fang was a success! Luxray slid across the puddle from the Water Gun and again regained his balance. He was soaking wet and panting a bit. Boy did this battle attract more and more people! Crowds of spectators blocked the town streets, causing the police to set of road blocks. Seth couldn't believe it! Sure he was known around these parts but this was something else!

"Mizu, you will find your brother! After this battle I'll help you! Even though I don't know how it feels to have a brother, or even a sister, I do know that you and your brother love each other! I know that you'd find him no matter what gets in your way! And I can assure you that people will know of your name after this! Heh!"

Seth smiled and looked down at the ground.

"See, just like your brother, my father was well known across this region before his accident. I want to be just like him! I want to be a champion! Now I respect your promise, but I will not lose here! Haha!"

Raijin Uchiha
Raijin Uchiha
Postadictorian

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:44 pm

"Well I'm glad that you respected your father like that as I have respected my brother that is no longer with us. But, there is more to my family and probably more to yours than meets the eye. But, after the battle, let's sit down and have a talk and we can discuss whatever it is we wish to our heart's content."

This battle didn't seem to be any ordinary battle. It seemed to be drawing more and more people to it. It seemed to be causing road blocks in the streets so that nothing could get buy, that's how big of a crowd was drawn to this battle. But, despite the roar of the crowd and the excitement on their faces, which were not visible to my eyes being closed, the thing that really seemed to be making this an extraordinary battle was the emotion we both had for this match and the connection with our pokemon. Those bonds alone were making this a much more exciting feat.

"Alright good job Starmie. You're doing really well!"

'For the type matchup disadvantage Starmie is using all of his power and creativity to dodge and evade Luxray's electric attacks and he's trying with all his might to injure Luxray enough to call the match in his favor. I see what he's trying to do, he modified my strategy and made sure that he would take the least amount of pain so I wouldn't have to feel that pain.... Starmie's protecting me... Starmie....'

A smile brimmed at my lips curving into place. Starmie was a really sweet pokemon, he'd been my best friend since I was young and he was a Staryu back then. I recalled the memories in my mind with Starmie when it was a baby Staryu and how I loved to play with him. I think that's what gave me my connection with Starmie in the first place. Hopefully we could pull through this and win!

"Alright Starmie! Let's do this buddy!"

It cried again in a healthy manner and then it started to have small electric surges swarm around it. To any inexperienced or novice trainer this would appear strange or as if Starmie were paralyzed, an effect of the previous attack, but, no it wasn't. This was Starmie's Thunder! Starmie conjured a large bolt of electricity and shot it directly at Luxray, hoping it would hit it. Hoping that he wouldn't dodge. I could sense that Starmie was only slightly beginning to weaken, but, he would do his best to the very end.

"My, my what a shock, right Seth?"

I giggled. Hopefully this would turn the match in my favor.
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Raijin Uchiha Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:20 pm

"Mhm. That'd be nice!"

Amazing! Seth almost felt like he was a famous celebrity visiting a town full of fans! So many bodies were crowding together to cheer on for the two trainers. There were even envious trainers who knew they wouldn't stand a chance against either of these two! Seth's Luxray caught his breath, keeping his senses on point for anything this Starmie was going to throw out.

"Okay, let's get'em Luxray!"

Wait, Starmie was generating streams of electricity around it's body! Thunder Fang isn't strong enough to leave the bitten paralyzed. Seth knew exactly what Starmie was doing! Either a Thunderbolt or Thunder! He was a little worried, but not that much; for his Luxray is one of the most intelligent of his pokemon. Luxray began conducting his own electricity, coating himself. And bam! The Starmie released a bolt of electricity, directing it at the Luxray. Luckily for Seth, his Luxray was great at counter-attacking. Fully coated in electricity, Luxray rushed forward with graceful speed! The bolt hit Luxray, inflicting minor damage for he had absorbed most of the electricity into his coating.

"Wild Charge! Nice, Luxray!!"

Fully encased in an electrical coating the Luxray continued running with one squinted eye from the pain. He was heading towards Starmie with remarkable velocity in hopes of ramming into the pokemon. Was he really displaying his maximum speed here?

Raijin Uchiha
Raijin Uchiha
Postadictorian

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:03 am

'Okay... well, I know that Luxray is an electric pokemon and that wouldn't have done much but if I can just get him paralyzed, that would work in my favor. But, this Luxray is intelligent, he knows how to counterattack and he's charging at Starmie right now. Starmie.... do whatever you have to to get out of the way buddy! Or brace for the attack!'

I knew I had to inflict some sort of minor damage to it. After all, I didn't train Starmie to use that move for nothing. If I was going to teach a water pokemon an electric move, such as Thunder, well, I needed to go all the way with it. Either it was going to hurt or just not be used. But, right now I needed to work on turning the tables.

Starmie braced for the Luxray's attacks, having no time to dodge the speeding Luxray coming straight toward him. I could tell, this was going to hurt more than intended. Starmie braced and then it got hit. It was pushed back a lot. Having it braced itself, it got thrown back instead of pushed or hit back and he flew into me. Catching him in my arms, I placed him back on the ground after cradling him for a moment or two. All this with my eyes closed. I was deeply in tune with this Starmie. I smiled.

"You okay buddy?"

It cried happily and then stood up, ready to battle again, shaking off the trauma it had slightly from being hit from the charging tackle. It lessened the damage nonetheless, but, it still did hurt. I wouldn't blame Starmie for crying if he could produce tears.

'We need to win this battle... not just for the sake of my brother... but, for the sake of myself and my home town.... I came here to win to prove to myself I can. That I can razz with even the best trainers and even win. That I can be strong and be tough like the rest of em. And more importantly, I came here representing something more important to me than my home town, the ocean...'

The mysterious trainer sitting in the stands only smiled. Could she/he read thoughts? Not that I was looking but it was a bit strange to see someone watching me out of the corners of my eye during this match every once in a while. Were they stalking me? I mean, I'm not paranoid and I thought it was an illusion, perhaps it is. But, the trainer seemed to smile and then have a thought of his/her own...

'The ocean, the lakes and ponds, all forms of water and watery life that exist... she fights for them. She's here to represent them... she's here to battle for them and claim her rightful place as a trainer. She wants to show her strength and persistence and how brilliant she really is. She wants to win this for her late brother's sake. And she wants the respect of the ocean and all the great water trainers and perhaps gym leaders out there as well... Well, if you don't say... I admire the kid for her personality and her way of going about things in this match. I don't need to be able to read minds or tell what she's thinking to know, to see that she is in this for something bigger than what stated and what originally intended. She has been sucked in to the deeper values of being a pokemon trainer....'

The small smile on the mysterious trainer's face widened a bit and then the other trainer echoed the thought but in a different manner.

'So, power huh? I see this guy uses all types but the types he uses have much power in them and once you learn to control power you may as well be unstoppable. You can lead a good life, finish a journey by doing it correctly. But, I admire his passion and his flame for this, his enthusiasm and his youth. It's not all the time you get to battle someone who actually presents a challenge to you, eh? He should enjoy it, he deserves it after all. I've had my fun.... but, I am even guessing, myself, at who will win this match. Mizu has a very defined and refined and elegant way of handling her pokemon, plus her strategy and connection with her pokemon is brilliant... I don't know what the deal is with her game but I'm almost positive Seth can overrule it and win. After all, when it comes down it, it has to do with power over strategy right? Strategy is all Mizu has... and soon it will run out...'

The other trainer watched in a more eerie kind of mirth and fondled one of the pokeballs on his/her belt that hung there in the small form they were in. It was as if touching them was a means to bring back the memories that this trainer had made over his/her lifetime. Well, things in battle were sure heating up and soon it would be over! Let's hope I win!
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Raijin Uchiha Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:53 pm

Luxray successfully landed the hit on Starmie, sending it back and into Mizu's arms. The collision hurt him a bit but he shook it off; it was going to take more than that to damage hims severely. And the same thing went for Starmie. Even after countless attacks it wasn't going to give up that easily.

"Good work Luxray! What a great counter attack! You can win this! And Starmie, you did good taking that hit! I'm starting to believe that your willpower is keeping you stable! Anyways, let's continue!"

Seth's words had brought a feeling of joy to the Luxray. There wasn't anything better than Seth's praising to Luxray. This was indeed gave him a boost of confidence, that he was going to take this! Sparks jumped about on Luxray's fur. The excitement had the pokemon charging up electricity, an abundance of it.
Raijin Uchiha
Raijin Uchiha
Postadictorian

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:34 pm

'Looks like another electric attack and it doesn't seem like it'll be pretty if it hits Starmie..he needs to find a way to dodge this or counter it or something, or we're done for. I need to win this match for the sake of my younger brother and for the respect of the blue ocean I love so much. I need the respect of my other older brother, the one whom claims that water trainers just don't cut it! I need to claim my right place and win this... Come on Starmie, pull through for me!'

I wished and hoped that Starmie would be able to either take the hit, counter it or dodge it with enough time and precision, I mean, one wrong move and it was all over. The second round would go to Seth. While I did respect him and his pokemon and his choices, it still would be very unfitting to have me in the losing position. Starmie seemed to know what I was thinking, sensing the area around him as I was. That was the only way I was able to tell that Luxray was charging up another electric attack, that is, besides the small crackles that it made when it was coming into being. Please Starmie... pull through... I leave this in your hands.

'I see what she's doing now...'

'I see what he's doing now...'

'They plan to strategize their powers...'
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Raijin Uchiha Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:08 pm

"Okay Luxray! Let's see what you've got! Heh. Try and finish this up my friend!"

Seth struck the air with a raised fist and closed his eyes. The crowds of people roared and began cheering. This battle was so great that some bystanders were charging newcomers to see the two trainers face off! Dancing sparks ceased and static raised the Luxray's fur.

"Yeeeeeeaaah!"

A flash of blinding light suddenly emitted from the Luxray, covering the entire area. Spectators rubbed their eyes in an attempt to recover from the temporary blindness. Following up for the perfect combo Luxray used Charge Beam. A beam of electricity shot out from the pokemon and was directed at the Starmie.
Raijin Uchiha
Raijin Uchiha
Postadictorian

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Utena Tenjou Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:57 pm

'How am I supposed to..?'

Starmie seemed to be a bit angry with Luxray. Starmie was such a peaceful pokemon, just like the ocean itself, always serene and peaceful. He battled for honor, nothing seemed to piss him off. Except for this. I wondered why it was bothering him so much. But, nonetheless, Starmie charged up another weak electric attack compared to the last one and shot it directly at at the charge beam that was heading for him. The explosion that occurred on the field left out a note of wonder in everyone's voices and a look of enticement on everyone's faces. I had my eyes closed and Seth couldn't see. No one could see what was to come out of the dust on the field. However, whilst everyone was blind, Starmie jumped up into the air and gathered its power from the sun that was still shining proudly above everyone's heads. Now I knew was Starmie planned to do, brilliant!

It charged up its attack, meanwhile everyone else was still a bit blinded as the dust spread across the field was only starting to lift at this point. By the time Starmie was 3/4 of the way done charging the attack the dust was almost non-existent, a dim covering across the field. And then.... it finished when everyone could see once again! But, at the split second the dust cleared, Starmie shot the charged beam at Luxray.

'Brilliant Starmie! That-a-boy! Hyper beam huh? Why didn't I think of that? Starmie's a bit smarter than me I suppose.... but, why are you so bothered about this pokemon Starmie?'

Suddenly I felt my necklace send a wave of warmth throughout my body. It seemed that he wanted to talk later, or at least I got that feeling. I'd hear him out, but, how was he to talk? He was mainly a water pokemon and he didn't have any use of words besides his name. I trusted Starmie though, he'd find a way. It continued to fire it at Luxray, come on Starmie buddy, pull through!
Prince Utena Tenjou
Prince Utena Tenjou
Webmaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next